Minister for Road safety Victoria

In situations like this, this classic always pop up in my mind.

Well I was thinking ( I do that some times ) ..
What would the actual burden be ?
Because to go through the license process , an individual pays their own way ...
You pay to sit the Learners permit / road rules test ..
You pay for the driving test / License .
So the outlay financially for the Gooberment would be minimal per offender being re licensed / re educated / re skilled / re enforced ( rules bla bla ) .
What I think it would be , is un popular with the populace as so many are actually bad drivers ..
So could you imagine 50% of the adult population being forced to re license every 10 years or so cos they got caught doing something monumentally stupid .
Yeah , I am leaning towards the fear of doing something real to address a serious problem .
But there is the CATCH 22 , it is a serious problem .
Road trauma is putting a strain on our emergency services / hospitals and society in general . Not to mention the financial cost which would be in the billions ...
How can the small amount of money raised in fines compare to the cost in damages ?

All I see is an insane situation perpetuated by insane people ...
This system has been in place for over 50 years and it clearly does not work ( for road safety ) . Because there is no system in place for corrective measures such as up skilling or re enforcing .
If the system did work (?) , there would be very little to capture on dash cam . ( This is obviously not the case )

Back