old4570

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Front: 70MAI , Ausdom A261, Mini 0826 , Rear: A118c
Screen_Shot_02-25-18_at_01.50_PM.jpg

And so it begins with an Email ...

And you feel a need to share this, because..................?

Hahaha ... ^ ... not much help for you good folk over in Canada (n)

The point is = It begins !
I sent an email asking what the gooberment planned to do about dangerous / under skilled drivers ...
Now simply await the reply ..

Plan is to start a website dedicated to improving the skill level of bad drivers ( forcing those who have chosen to be responsible for road safety to actually improve road safety rather than simply take money from bad drivers )
The email sent is the first step . ( I am expecting a back handed reply )
So my long term goal is to actually effect change ... Positive - pro active change - that actually makes the roads safer .
The gooberment has already put OHS rules and regulations in place , now all that needs to be done is to make the gooberment to follow its own rules .
Since they are effectively responsible for the people they put on the road .

Hehe i see where you are going, but i am afraid that you will be barking up the wrong tree.
You will probably get a long hogwash and that's about it, these guys have no real interest in fixing problems, at least not if it is not accompanied by a lot of votes.

I do however tip my hat for your effort and wanting to make a difference (y) But i foresee hard times ahead.

But of course if it was easy anyone would be making changes,,,,,, wait a moment :unsure: arnt many already doing that,,, just it is bad changes that make sane people PO.

Hehe i see where you are going, but i am afraid that you will be barking up the wrong tree.
You will probably get a long hogwash and that's about it, these guys have no real interest in fixing problems, at least not if it is not accompanied by a lot of votes.

I do however tip my hat for your effort and wanting to make a difference (y) But i foresee hard times ahead.

But of course if it was easy anyone would be making changes,,,,,, wait a moment :unsure: arnt many already doing that,,, just it is bad changes that make sane people PO.

I agree 100% .. They like to pay problems lip service !
To actually do something that would improve things ? Well they did it with motor cycle riders ( minority group ) ..
Want a bike license now - and you have to do a motor cycle course .. Especially since ?? I forget , maybe over 50% of riders were involved in some sort of accident ( Usually the fault of a car driver ) ..
But still the Gooberment put the upskilling on bike riders ...
I think its the car drivers turn now ...

When the weather cools I will be out there with some action cams filming intersections and street corners to get video evidence of how dangerous some people are as well the inability to make simple left or right turns ..
Every time I go for a walk I see people turning left or right Dangerously .. ( ? ) WTF is with that ? ( Can't turn safely any more ? ) These people seriously need to be re trained .

There is an old saying - the squeaky wheel gets the oil. (People who complain loudest get given something.)
It has never been more true. We are now at the stage where tiny minorities who complain unreasonably but in an organised way are given preferential treatment over the majority. Not always because it is the right thing to do, but because people in power give in to the focused pressure, to avoid grief.
The public should band together and demand that government do what the majority think is needed. The problem is that most normal people are too busy getting on with their lives. It is primarily self-serving, entitled, useless people who are constantly whining to be given something at others' expense, and they do flock together and be a nuisance until they get something. (Then they want something more.)

So well done to anyone who pushes government to do what needs to be done for the greater good, which is often self-evident, but they aren't motivated to act without pressure.
Of course the difficult part is to get them to do something useful, not just to be seen to be doing something. ("We must do something! Let's lower speed limits and put up cameras!")

Yeah i did freak when i heard Australia had taken care of those 2 wheeled parasites in that way, way to go i say.

Here we have a constitutional right to unite and form interest groups ASO, the government are even obliged to financially support such interest groups.
BUT the law also say groups that are governed with violence or crime can not use these rights in our law, but still bike gangs ( and anyone know whats their modus operandi ) and not forgetting POS Nazis are allowed here.

That those are still allowed here just prove to me hor far from the actual society the people in power are, there can be no doubt how motorcycle gangs like the Hells Angels - Bandidos - Satudarah and the likes operate and fund them self, and the Nazis, well just on history alone they should be sidelined as much as possible.

There are of course totally cool motorcycle clubs, and those i dont mind.

One serious problem is MONEY ( Root of all evil )
Bad driving = MONEY for the Gooberment ... Hundreds of millions of dollars a year .
Imagine if there were no bad drivers > The revenue hit the gooberment would take ..
No need for all those police , hospitals would be under less strain , people needing medical help would be able to get it ( chronic pain ) , minor surgeries .
Fewer new car sales , lower insurance premiums , and so forth ...
Depending on how you look at things , safe driving could = economic doom ?

So there could be a VESTED interest in maintaining a certain % of bad / dangerous drivers ..
Keep crash repair shops in business
Keep New / Used car sales in business
Keep insurance companies in business
Keep police numbers up
Keep the gooberment flush in cash
Keep the hospitals full ( for what ever reason )
Spare parts . wheelchair manufacturers / adult nappies / and the list is endless .

I am pretty sure Putin have a string of auto repair shops, and he are making a killing on them ( too )

Something like half of the money poured into Danish hospitals get sucked up by paperwork, and the ones that just implement a silly American management system get bonuses for a system that's pretty clear dont work unless you hire more people to click mouse buttons and keybords.
Actually there are a lot of people in public jobs that get nice bonuses, but we few same people cant figure out for what they get bonuses, cuz most often what they are running are horrible.
And you can not even figure out what the job description are of the people hired that get those bonuses.

It might be Denmark are not that bad compared to a lot of other countries, but it is my firm belief it could be monumental better if it was run right.
I cant for the life of me figure out why people vote, at least on the current parties and even the late comers, they are all just killing us off slowly ( not softly ) with their words to quote a old radio hit

By my math at least 200 billions go to waste every year, and our annual turnover are 1000 billions ( DKkr ) so that's at least 1/5 that go to waste.

Yeah !
Gooberments are just brilliant at wasting money !
Australia throws away Billions .. Just those stupid Submarines we built - was it 3 billion down the toilet !
Might have been better off giving 3000 people a million dollars (?)
At least 3000 people would be deliriously happy for a little while (?) Well until all their friends and family put their hands out ....

Haha we Danes lost our last submarine over a decade ago. but we are about to get some mighty expensive F35 fighters, though a few of them will be left behind where we buy them, i assume to train our fly boys.
So soon the fighting Danish airforce will be 12 planes or something like that.

Giving are just fine, if you have people worthy of it, the leeches will always be there no way around those, but hopefully people also have a few people that's worth a extra effort.

Say the guy with 1 friend ( not counting family in which case it would be 8 friends )

Worthy ? .................. There is a bear trap waiting to be stepped in

As I suspected..an effort to give a political hack some visibility. This thread.. is a long ways away from "General Dash Cam discussion." I do hope the forum administrators will move this thread to its appropriate place.

Let me know when they appoint the Minister of Silly Walks!

Brian

Aaaaah - I have seen that sketch .... Yes , funding to develop a new walk !

I just read that the new shared IT system to log Rat infestations,,,,, well it dont work.

I pretty much think that's the case with any new IT system gooberment try to implement, and for that alone they should all burn in hell.

Ok UPDATE !

So I heard back from some one !

A) The Gooberment is happy with punitive penalties ( Taxing - revenue raising )
B) Correcting bad or under skilled drivers would be too much of a drain on the system

So what is one to conclude ?
Obviously they hare happy to take money in from bad drivers ..
They dont want to spend any money making drivers safer ( up skilling )

What about the cost in human lives ? Road deaths / road trauma ?

Wow !

Back