Minor Sideswipe With Dumbass

ChooChooMan74

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A119, Mini 0906
I was traveling down a freeway into a construction zone. I see a black SUV on the grassy shoulder and he pulls into the travel lane. I glance at my mirrors (which I see cars about to overtake me) just in case he doesn't speed up. Well, instead of speeding up, he stops, then puts it in reverse!!! I tried to thread the needle, but the tow mirrors on my Ram Truck are too wide. Wish I was driving my Liberty (aka Cherokee) CRD that day. Insurance found me not at fault. State law says you can not stop in a travel lane. There was no emergency for him to stop (he probably missed his exit)

EDIT: Since this, I have ordered and installed the polarizing filter onto the front cam, as the reflection of the dash does obscure the video.

Last edited:
my goodness, that could of been real messy if you weren’t paying attention, if he was going to pull up why didn’t he get off the road completely till it was all clear to rejoin the traffic

surely he wasn’t thinking of reversing all the way back to the slip road was he?

you did well to only just catch him, as you slipped by him and cars in the middle lane

Reallyt unsmart to stop in a place where the road are already narrowed due to road works.

Completely avoidable.

surely he wasn’t thinking of reversing all the way back to the slip road was he?

Probably :eek: In almost 45 years of driving I've seen that kind of stupidity happen at similar distances or longer dozens of times :mad: Only once did I ever see the Cops stop someone doing this.

Using Interstate highways and navigating roundabouts correctly isn't in every driver's skill-set. I'm all for tiered licensing which would limit drivers to only the roads they can use safely but that ain't gonna happen.

Phil

Back