Mio 792 & A30

robinhood1701

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I’m new to dash cams and this forum, but here goes, I’ve installed a Mio 792 in my car with a Mio smart box II power supply to use the camera in parking mode, works great, so I decided to install a A30 rear cam as well for better protection, but when everything is connected, I just get a repeating message “rear camera disconnected” all the time, can anyone help please ?
Any help would be great thanks.

I have 792 with A20 without Mio Smart Box and here is what I have noticed on my car. If the engine is not turned on the rear camera does not turn on, only the front. As if there is not enough power and the system recognises it somehow. So my presumption is that there is something wrong with your power supply. Try first to connect trough a regular ligher using the regular in-vehicle charger. If you turn on the car and there is no “rear camera disconnected” message then it is shure that the problem is with the Smart Box connection.

I’ve contacted Mio, they said they think they’ve made the cable to the rear cam to long, 7m, they’re sending me a shorter one, but I’ll try that to be sure, works fine all the time with the power supply, and the rear camera can’t take to much juice ?

I'm using this setup in a minivan and the 7m cable is just long enough. May be the cable it self is defective from the beginning.

Hi, thanks, does the 7m cable to the rear work ok ?

Defective is something that crossed my mind, they need to be well made to stand being installed and vibration.

The cable works ok for now. The A20 is attached to my windshield which is located on the lid. So imagine opening that trunk. One thing, I have taped the rear cable to the camera for secure connection. I used some black electrical tape cut to size.

Back