Mio MiVue 388 Recording time using a 32GB class 10 SD card

London WitnessCam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A119/A129, AZDOME
Hi, I have been using a mio 568 touch and I have found this to be a brilliant camera for attaching to the windscreen of various vehicles when I'm out and about but I've been a bit disappointed with the total recording time set at 1080p using a 32GB class 10 SD card as it only records for about three and a half hours before looping.
I have been looking at replacing it with the 388 as this appears to be a very similar unit but the recording time according to the mio service website based on default settings is 9 hours and 44 minutes. Do any users on this forum find that this is the case?
thanks,

Generally speaking, higher video quality requires more memory space (although old-tech software on cheap basic cams can also cause large files).
It is possible to get many hours of video on a memory card if you lower the resolution/image quality.
I don't believe it's possible to squeeze 9.75 hours of good quality 1080p dashcam video onto a 32GB memory card, but if it's recording in 720p then 9.75 hours seems plausible.
Three hours from a 32GB card is about what I get from my 528/538 before looping.
The Mio 5-series cams seem to set aside about quarter to a third of each memory card for emergency/protected recordings.

I don't know about the 388, but my 538 works fine with 64GB and 128GB cards. They need reformatting as SDHC (they come formatted as SDXC) but the 538 does that for you.

Back