Mio Mivue 538 Deluxe......problems with setting up

Bulletguy

Reaction score
I've just bought a Mivue 538 Deluxe but am having problems setting it up. I'm using a 32gb class 10 card and downloaded the software update and Speed Cams from the Mio site. I've also installed the Mivue Manager on my pc. However after a trial run out yesterday and offloading of files (via a card reader > pc) i was disappointed to find not one file would play. I'm running Windows 8.1.

What am i doing wrong?

I've now formatted the card again and done a fresh install of the software update and speed Cams so will try a test run again tomorrow.

Also, how is the mph/kph set? There is no mention of this in the instructions and the closest choice i have in the Cam Menu is "Imperial or Metric". Does that set it between mph and kph?

Final question...there is nothing in the Cam Menu which shows where to set 720p or 1080p. How do i know what mode it's recording in? I've watched Techmoans YouTube review which is good....but its the 538 he shows which seems to have quite a different menu to the Deluxe version.

If you can play files on dashcam but can not play them on PC, then there is a video player or its codecs issue. Try playing files on other PC-s and see how it works there.
For other questions I can not help you out with advice unfortunately. Had only 358 few years ago and it was easy to operate. Not sure how "different" is 538.

OK today i finally managed to record and play some files.......but not all.
It recorded nine separate files, but when i opened Mivue Manager, only 6 files loaded in. I checked the card and sure enough.....nine files were on. Anyone any idea why all the files are not loading into the Manager

Back