mirror dashcam

hannah67

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi anyone help me regarding the above item this is my second item that has now been installed again my picture sometimes freezes and my speed does not appear until i have done at least 20 mins of driving . ie it shows 0 mph then starts to show i have formatted the sd card 32 gig i could go higher to a 64 gb would this help thank

do you have a specific model number or are you able to get the full firmware number from within the settings menu?

If you can get the firmware number you can often google it to find out what exact cam it relates to, otherwise it's more difficult as many companies make mirror cams that literally all look the same but have different sensors/chipsets (internals in general)

If your SD card is a genuine card and a class 10 or above, upgrading to 64gb wont make a difference to how the cam performs. With regards to speed, Some GPS receivers are better than others, and your surroundings may also play a part

thanks for the reply mine is nextbase rear mirror sandisk genuine card offered by the retailer and fitted of which has been formatted i will check the firmware on my system

What version of firmware is on the Dash Cam?

In order to check what version of firmware you're using;
please stop the camera recording then press menu twice,
scroll down to "system info" or "version" then press OK,
a black screen should pop up with a long text with R.. at the end.
Please tell me what numbers are after the R.

Thank you for confirming that, it really helps.

It looks like the firmware needs updating on your unit, this can be done by clicking the link below.

Instructions: https://www.nextbase.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/NBDVRMIRGW-FW-Upgrade-Intructions-Rev-1.pdf
Update file: https://www.nextbase.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/FWMIRGWA.bin

If you require any further assistance please do get in touch either by calling 02920 866 429 or emailing support@nextbase.co.uk.

Here is a short video of my colleague Ryan updating a Dash Cam

Back