MIRRORING Threads in different sub-forums?

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
I was wondering, - it might be a good idea to have threads that could be mirrored in few sub-forums.
This could be really useful for example for side by side comparison video tests, where 2 or more dash-cams are used in test. I have even done 6 dash-cam side by side at once. Usually it is 2-4 dash cams comparison test.

This way person who does post such a thread, can mirror it into all other related sub-forums, because not all forum members have other sub-forums ( threads ) on their watch-list and I am sure if somebody has on watch-list sub-forum "X", but I have posted comparison of "X vs Y" only into "Y" sub-forum, then person from "X" sub-forum will not be aware of such a comparison test.

Yes, comparison test post could be copy-paste into other sub-forums, or referred to it, but this way discussion / comments will get messy.

Also having mirrored sub-forum threads will give opportunity for comment posted in sub-forum of thread "X" will be automatically mirrored into sub-forum thread "Y" ( and same would be opposite way as well ).
This way information / comments etc., - they will be evenly and fairly spreader.

Of course this type of "mirror"-threads should be strictly regulated against spamming activities.

I would suggest: person who wants to use thread mirroring option first have to write to moderator and shortly explain what he want to do and in how many ( and in which particular sub-forums threads ) he want to mirror. Then moderator gives him "a ticket" for 24h to post mirror-threads. Person mirror his posts / threads and after submitting them, - they will not be automatically available for public, but first will be reviewed by moderators and after approval, moderators will make them active to the public. This way avoiding spammers or "wrong mirroring".

Any thoughts ?

Last edited:
Sounds like a good idea and would keep all discussion about the cameras involved in the one thread. Easier to respond to.

I have looked into having "mirrored" threads. It does not appear to be a function that is currently available with Xenforo. Some people requested it but there was a lack of interest so no development on it.
I could make a permanent redirect but the redirect will get buried deep in the other forum making it not that useful.

If I come across a solution, I will advise.

Back