Missing files

Mikey161

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Millie

I am still struggling to get continuos recordings from the camera, Next base 522. I have done everything suggested and there are still some files missing from the SD card when I download it to my laptop. If I had an accident there would possibly be no recording of the incident.

I have today bought a new scan disk SD card at the cost of £10 to see if this is the problem. Would it be possible to send me a replacement NB SD card? I am guessing the one that came with the kit - 32GB is faulty. Or should I wait and see how this one fairs? I must admit I am now getting extremely frustrated with this camera, it is not as good as I expected.

I thought these cameras were plug and go - that is most definitely not the case with mine.

I cannot see any other reason why the camera is not recording continuously. Is anyone else having / had a similar issue?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike.

On the missing files SD, what is the exact folder structure you can see ?

2) This is the card I've been using for years now without issue. It has a fast write speed so helps reduce/eliminate buffering:

Hi Mike,

The nature of the camera is to start recording when a power source is delivered and re-write over older files with a suitable SD card in use, the camera is very basic in the way that it works in this regard. If you're finding that this isn't occurring it's likely that the card is not suitable, you can find more information regarding the required SD write speeds in the user manual for your dashcam (For newer series 2 units this is usually on Page 9).

Make sure that you're formatting as regularly as required too as an abundance of protected files on the SD card will prevent any natural overwriting of older footage to happen.

Feel free to send us a DM so that we can look into your set-up a little more to try and identify the issue.

Kind regards,
Dan - Technical Support

Hi Mike,

Just a direct message to us here on the forums :)

Dan - Technical Support

Hi

Does this help with the uploaded files on the right?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 2021-02-02 (1).png
    2021-02-02 (1).png
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
  • 2021-02-02.png
    2021-02-02.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
I asked for a folder breakdown because it wouldn't be the first time a motion/shock sensor had detected vibration and wrote a file to a different, possibly read-only folder = one missing where you expect it.

Do the pics help?

Actually, it could be something to do with the motion sensor as it keeps beeping every 2 minutes - wouldn't these files still download - or as you suggest are they in a different folder?

Plug the camera into the PC and produce a screenshot of the folder structure or just post it manually.

Call me stupid, but how do you do that - I don't mean plug the camera into the PC...:)

They are Nextbase shots, not a PC file directory.

Well then ! Dare I say it...I think I have resolved this matter...!

I drove to Halfords and explained the situation asked for a replacement SD card. I then downloaded the SD card when I got home and I now have continuos recordings from both front and rear cameras in date order....it looks very good and is now working as I expected the camera to be.

So all in all....it looks like I had a faulty SD card after all.

Just a tip for anyone thinking of buying a new SD card...make sure it is compatible with the camera otherwise you will be wasting your money. Try and buy a Nextbase SD Card.

Thanks everyone for all your help with this.

Is it possibly that my camera stopped recording for 10 days??? I had a little accident on the 27/01/21 and thought all will be on the camera ha surprisingly I have still files from 2019 but 10 days are missing from January? Every day I add the camera when starting my car and taking it down when coming home? What could have happen? Can I retrieve those files??? Heeelp:(

I was using the Samsung 128 evo card and I had card issues, since using the nextbase SD card its a lot better but having issues with parking mode. With the other card SD card I found it would freeze up and look like it was recording but it wasn't, had to power cycle it. It does save data in two different places protected and non protected files.

I have checked both yes protected files and normal files and there is no evidence of anything for 10 days. I have not touched my camera during this period:/

What is the oldest file in the unprotect folder? is it older then the accident date?

Unprotected oldest file is from 19th of January 2021 then jumped to 30/01/21, very weird..

I was using the Samsung 128 evo card and I had card issues, since using the nextbase SD card its a lot better but having issues with parking mode. With the other card SD card I found it would freeze up and look like it was recording but it wasn't, had to power cycle it. It does save data in two different places protected and non protected files.
Hi

How can I find where the files are saved? Protected and non protected? When I download the SD card onto the laptop, it does not differentiate the files. Can these files be separated? TIA

Back