Missing files

Kirkofski

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mini 0801 from Eprance
I've had my mini 0801 for a year now and apart from the initial shutdown errors which were resolved with the newer firmware, its worked flawlessly for 11.5months.

Yesterday however I went to download a clip from the previous day and found that although I drove for 30mins, there was only the initial 1min clip stored on the device. I didn't hear it shutdown as I would have been outside the car with it running scraping off the ice.

It was about -3deg c when I set off plus the car was likely a bit damp inside as it had been snowing the day before and my feet would have been wet in the car.

Has anyone else had such an issue? Could the cold cause an issue or are people using them in much colder conditions without issue?

It seems to have recorded fine today and I'm currently running the card through a check on H2test.

Is it also normal that I get 2 files sizes 81mb and 100mb even though all clips are 1min long?

Thanks

Seems like it crashed after a minute. I have a faulty 0801 that crashes everytime after 1minute4seconds
Have you enabled the screen poweroff thing?
The temperature could be a problem, yeah. But my fathers 0801 works great and we got -15degrees the last nights

Filesizes: strange but I think that newer 0801 firmwares use vbr so it shouldnt be a problem

Hi, thanks Tobias. Yes the screen has always been set to turn off after 1 minute.
The file size seems to have changed because I recently looked at the files on the drive and they were all 81mb.

Strangely the files on the card contained everything from the last 3 or 4 days and then one file from a month ago. There would have been plenty in-between as I use the car the same every week.

Maybe it started to snow where you live, streets went white and the camera has to store less details than without snow?

I did wonder that too but its still showing 2 different file sizes now the snow has gone(excluding the shorter ones at the end of each drive).

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Mini 0801 2
platinum Mini 0801 5
W Mini 0801 5
carkcibasi Mini 0801 28
Simon Lock Mini 0801 6
Back