Missing Footage Between Videos

Horace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I purchased a 422GW with the rear camera module a few weeks back. I have had this running in my car set on 2 minute videos but when I went back to look at an incident on the road I noticed that it had fallen into a gap between the videos.

It seems periodically the camera is taking shortened videos and when it does this, it takes around 10 seconds for the video to restart. I went through a portion of my commute one day and it was missing 46 seconds in total from a 26 minute drive. Not loads (~3%) but enough to miss an incident the other day and not really what I want a dashcam for. Currently speaking to the technical support but all they seem to say is "faulty memory card" which I am struggling to believe, it is a brand new card which is capable of saving 2 minute videos and starting a new video for chunks of time as the table shows.

Also, the instruction manual contains inaccurate information about which memory cards the camera takes so I ended up buying an extra card to begin with.

Just a thought, but, have a look in every folder on the card. I've known an over sensitive sensor setting cut in, thinking there's been a smash, and cutting the current file short and starting a new protected file in another folder.

Yes it's definitely not in there

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

similar problem but complete missing files, called support, very defensive looking to push the blame on the user at every stage of the conversation, what memory card, whats its colour etc etc they said I'd probably deleted the files

As the memory card that is in use seems to be a critical component, it is not surprising that they ask that and that is not really trying to push the blame on the user.

Hi Horace,

Sorry for the delay in answering your question.

The root cause of your gaps in the recordings is a buffer over-run caused by poor write speed to the SD card. Which card are you using (brand, capacity, bought from)?

Please advise what the inaccurate information is that you are referring to within the manual and we'll have our Team look over that.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Hi
I have a nextbase 212G and my missing footage is anything between 30 seconds and 1 minute betwee recordings. My SD card is a 16gb Nextbase. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to solve this problem?

Have a close look at all the folders on the card. On occasion some do get saved elsewhere, often read only folder, as the G-Force sensor is triggered if set too sensitive.

Have a close look at all the folders on the card. On occasion some do get saved elsewhere, often read only folder, as the G-Force sensor is triggered if set too sensitive.
Hi. Thanks for the quick reply. I don't think it's that as each video clap has a gap between it. So on a 2 hour journey I'll have say 30 clips and everyone has missing footage between them.

Is it all or just a few.

What is the folder structure, how many sub folders, if any.

Plus Nextbase recommend regular formatting, in the dashcam to maintain the correct format and FAT table size.

Hi
I have a nextbase 212G and my missing footage is anything between 30 seconds and 1 minute betwee recordings. My SD card is a 16gb Nextbase. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to solve this problem?
Hello,

When and where was the SD card purchased please?
How often is the card usually formatted please?

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Hello,

I am having the same issue as OP. I have the exact same dashcam, i.e., a Nextbase 422gw. I used a Nextbase 32gb micro sd. It came with the dashcam. I format the card every 2 weeks, as per the manual.

I am very curious to know if this issue was resolved. The thread does not appear to have been updated since April 2022.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M 422GW 9
Back