Missing recording

Hopeless

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just cleaned the SD card, and noticed it's not recording all times, for example, yesterday 12/11/21, it recorded up until 17:44, then nothing until it started recording again at 23:52,

Any idea why it stopped recording between these times?

My gut feeling every time this type of issue is posted is the car power source.

To diagnose I would bring it indoors and connect it to a mobile phone charger, let it power up and leave it. Probably overnight or all day to fill the card. Then if you can, connect it to a PC and view the files in time order and scan the list.

Obviously if there are no gaps then the car power is at fault and if there are gaps .......

I've just cleaned the SD card, and noticed it's not recording all times, for example, yesterday 12/11/21, it recorded up until 17:44, then nothing until it started recording again at 23:52,

Any idea why it stopped recording between these times?
Hello,

What brand, size, model and class of SD card are you using please?
When and where was the SD card purchased please?
How often is the card usually formatted please?
Do you also have a rear camera please?

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Hello,

What brand > Nextbase size > 32GB, model and class of SD card are you using please? > U3 Micro SD
When and where was the SD card purchased please? Halfords 2021
How often is the card usually formatted please? every 2 weeks
Do you also have a rear camera please? No, but do have "Cabin View" add on

Kind regards,
Millie
Thanks for your suggestions Kremmen

Hi Mille, answers in red above, dashcam (Nextbase 522GW) has been OK, no issues since purchase 12 months ago, however, last 24hrs, dashcam has been going off, coming on whilst driving, all of a sudden it stopped working last night 16/11/21

Hi,

When you say it's been going off and on, do you mean the recording, or the Dashcam itself?

if you mean the recording has stopped, then I'd recommend a full computer format of the card.
On a Windows Computer:
a) Plug the SD card into the SD card port, or plug the provided USB cable into the port on the top of the camera (select UPDATE on the cam's screen).
b) When the drive appears, right click on the drive.
c) Select 'Format' (Windows)
d) Ensure the 'Quick Format box' is not ticked. Please ensure it's formatted as exFAt or FAT32.
e) Follow the instructions.

Please be aware that formatting the SD card will delete all the data on the card, so if you wish to keep any footage, please copy this across to a computer before you start the formatting process.

If you mean the cam itself has turned on and off, please check all the cabling to the Dashcam and ensure it's correctly attached to the mount. Please remove the SD card, then press the reset button on the underside of the Dash Cam. Then, without the SD card inserted, please turn on the Camera. Does it now start and stay on normally?

I'd recommend performing a battery test:

1. Unplug the Rear Dash Cam (if applicable) and remove the Dash Cam from it's windscreen mount.
2. Take the Dash Cam indoors and remove the SD card.
3. Using the USB cable provided in the box, plug it into a mains power supply (2 Amp recommended), make sure to plug the cable into the body of the camera, not through the car mount.
4. Go into the Dash Cam menu and make sure that Parking Mode is turned off (if applicable), if Parking Mode is enabled, this will affect the test.
5. Leave the camera on charge for 4 hours (or more) with the camera turned on. When fully charged, the blue charging LED should turn off.
6. Unplug the power cable, the camera should shut down.
7. Turn the Dash Cam on (using only battery power) and time how long it takes for the battery to run out and the camera to shut down.

Please note:
After performing this test, your Dash Cam will need to charged again, before reinstalling in your car.

The battery should last for 8+ minutes during the above test.

Kind regards,
Millie

Hi Millie, it was the dashcam that stopped working, it just switched itself off, I pressed the on/off switch numerous times, it wouldn't come back on, however, I've done a reset this morning on the dashcam itself, currently, it seems to be working again

Hi,

Please can you try the battery test above? It sounds like the cam wasn't receiving power at the time, so also worth checking the cabling.

Kind regards,
Millie

Back