Misuse of G1w

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Well the G1W have found its home on my scope, but it is clear that with all the glass the footage have to pass thru there is some problems.
And the fact that my IR ermitter is only 200 milliwatt dont make things better, only useable if i can get rats to line up on a White background.

I will get a 5-10-15 watt ermitter instead, that should provide enuff IR light for the 10 - 20 M range i expect to shoot at.

I have to start small, actually i am supposed to have a permit or 2 for shooting pests.

But rats are out at night and most humans are not, and if ppl have rats visiting they will gladly let me shoot them for free.
And my gun is dead silent :D the pellet hitting somthing make 5X more noice than when it leave the end of the barrel.

I would love to come to Australia to hunt some of the things you guys have thats ruining your local wildlife.

Cane toad - euro rabbit - red fox - feral cat - starlings - rock pigeons - indian mynah, hell even fire ants if they are not too far avay.
Think i could make a good dent in those populations with my airrifle :) i am willing to try at least.

Reminds me of a "Dirty Jobs" episode. I believe it was in Georgia, but not really sure, anyway the job was to ride in the back of a pickup truck sitting on a lawn chair. Took 2 guys; one holding a big spotlight and the other a rifle. The pickup truck drove along the down town canal, after midnight, so not as many people around and they shot some sort of animal, I believe it was a muskrat?? because they were destroying the canal somehow and needed to be eliminated. The guy with the spotlight would shine the light on the animal and the guy with the rifle would shoot it.
Which just reminded me of something some friends did in high school. They would take.22 rifles and pistols to the local landfill in the evenings and go rat hunting. Same idea, one guy had a big flashlight and would shine it around till it illuminated a rat and then the other guy would shoot it. After a while they had to move as the rats in an area would start to hide from the light. The landfill owner didn’t mind since it kept the rat population down; however the local law enforcement didn’t like it so they had to quit after the police came out one evening and put and end to the rat hunt.

Yep the rats get wise to the ordinary light, my friend have been using that in his garden witch has a lot of rats in Winter time.
The rats come up of the broken sewers to where my friend feed the birds in the Winter.
Our local harbour allso host a good population of rats, and allso good numbers of rabbits and even the some pheasant.

We allso have a lot of American mink, witch have escaped from farms, or been illigal released from farms by treehuggers at night.
The American mink is not a native animal here and do post problems for some native animals, it is allowed to hunt mink all year.
Denmark export a lot of mink furs via Copenhagen fur, i think we are the biggest in the World when it come Down to mink fur.

I only shoot the pests, if i shot anything else i would have to eat it, but i can afford to buy my food and dont have to hunt for it.
Offcouste i could get a Hunters permit and a real gun, but then i would have to lease a place to hunt and thats expensive, + most of Denmark is farmland so there isent many things to shoot anyway.

Most of the time we just have fun shooting at silhouette targets in what is called Field Target shooting.

Reminds me of a "Dirty Jobs" episode. I believe it was in Georgia, but not really sure, anyway the job was to ride in the back of a pickup truck sitting on a lawn chair. Took 2 guys; one holding a big spotlight and the other a rifle. The pickup truck drove along the down town canal, after midnight, so not as many people around and they shot some sort of animal, I believe it was a muskrat?? because they were destroying the canal somehow and needed to be eliminated. The guy with the spotlight would shine the light on the animal and the guy with the rifle would shoot it.
Which just reminded me of something some friends did in high school. They would take.22 rifles and pistols to the local landfill in the evenings and go rat hunting. Same idea, one guy had a big flashlight and would shine it around till it illuminated a rat and then the other guy would shoot it. After a while they had to move as the rats in an area would start to hide from the light. The landfill owner didn’t mind since it kept the rat population down; however the local law enforcement didn’t like it so they had to quit after the police came out one evening and put and end to the rat hunt.
Lamping. It's quite popular. Farmers often go out lamping to sort out rabbit populations.

_DSC0007_big_thumb.JPG

_DSC0014_big_thumb.JPG

Guess I missed this one when I joined and looked though the site.
Cool use of the G1W :)

Rodent hunting is serious business. You need good gear.

Back