MiVue 568 Frozen On Warning Screen - Is there a factory reset?

Keytiger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all, ive been asked if I can attempt to fix my neighbours MiVue 568 as he works away in a lorry and isnt very tech savvy. I will start with what I know..

Last week the device just stopped working. My neighbour called the tech help and was told that a new firmware is available and as he didnt register the device when he bought it (6 months ago) it hasnt been updated causing it to freeze on the warning screen. He was emailed the instructions to put the new firmware on it as found here - http://service.mio.com/m0100/FileReader_110505_Rest of Europe_English.html but he had no luck and im having no luck at all either.

Ive followed the instructions but it just wont go past this warning screen when I turn the device on. I can get the bin file on the micro sd card no problem, its getting the device to recognise it thats the problem. Is there a hard reset anywhere? Ive looked through the manual but cant find anything. Any help would be gratefully received!!

Hi mate, thanks for your reply. When I remove the memory card the warning message comes up still but it then goes about 5 seconds later leaving a black screen. Nothing else happens after that, just a black screen.

Thanks again

Ahhh, does that mean back to the manufacturer? Im not 100% on this but im sure my neighbour said that because they bought it via a third party and not direct from them that they wont repair it. I dont see how as it has a 2 year manufacturers warranty with it but I guess I can have that conversation with them. Annoying when he has actually spoke to them and they have emailed him this fix mind!

Cheers mate

Yeah I didnt realise they could! Ah well i'll speak to them after lunch and see what they say. Thanks again :)

Yep, its going back for repair under warranty. Its almost certainly a hardware fault so heres hoping it comes back working! Thanks again for your help jokiin

Yep, its going back for repair under warranty. Its almost certainly a hardware fault so heres hoping it comes back working! Thanks again for your help jokiin
Hello, was the repair succesful? And do you know what they have done to fix the startup error?

Back