Mivue 618 baffled.....

Paul Crookston

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
20170608_220531-COLLAGE.jpg

Hi, I've a Mivue 618. I bought a replacement mount, as seen the dash cam has a ball like holding.

I'm totally confused as how to attach it to the suction holder. If anyone can add any Input be appreciated, or have link to someone selling a holder. The cam is useless without one.

Thanks
Paul 20170608_220531-COLLAGE.jpg IMG_20170604_081539.jpg

Those mounts look standard but the cam doesn't :whistle: I'm not familiar with the brand other than seeing vids, but it's likely going to need a special MiVue mount :(

Phil

Yeah at loss myself at finding any other option other than buying a whole new unit.

Dont suppose any phone mounts might hold a dash cam? Desperate times.

You could cut 2 mounts in half gluing the pieces together if the ball end fits the cam well enough. MiVue should be able to send you a mount if you pay for it but I'd have no idea who or where to ask.

Phil

can you get a clearer shot of the top of the cam where the mount is supposed to go? The blurred shot doesn't look great but to me something isn't at all right about the cam itself... was the cam bought by yourself brand new?

Brand new, from the Currys store.
Currently at work, as a private hire driver and don't have the cam, because of the mount issue. Just downloaded the best shot i can find. It was a nightmare to Clip on and off after the end of each shift I remember.

l_10145226_001.jpg

Received from Mio:

Dear Paul,
in our E-shop currently I''m afraid we do not offer mounts specifically for your model , but as a workaround I can suggest to search for mounts for MiVue 638/658 instead as these are quite similar. You will only need to detach the extra cover part that goes with the mount ( specific for the models MiVue 638/658) and leave only the main suction base with the ball-like end. You can afterwards use it for your MiVue 618

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Kind regards,

Ivaylo

MiTAC Europe Customer Support Team

Back