MiVue 658 firmware update

Merydian

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
Hi!
I just tried to update my MiVue 658 cams firmware, but it halts at aproximetely 90%. When I power it off and on again, it starts working with the old firmware. There is only the firmware bin on the card. Any ideas what is wrong? Thanks!

Hi!
I just tried to update my MiVue 658 cams firmware, but it halts at aproximetely 90%. When I power it off and on again, it starts working with the old firmware. There is only the firmware bin on the card. Any ideas what is wrong? Thanks!
Hi I have just received one of these for my birthday and I am having the same problem with the firmware update. Did you ever get this resolved or find out what was causing it? I am using a Sandisk 32gb Ultra Sd Card, and wondering if that has something to do with it....

Also facing this issue. Very frustrating. No solution yet?

Hi all,

So I spoke with mio and they told me it was the sd card I was using. Apparently ultra and xtreme are not supported.

So I ordered a new Kensington sd card, came today. But still the exact same problem.....very annoying and getting quite expensive now.

Anyone else had any luck?

Hi all,

So I spoke with mio and they told me it was the sd card I was using. Apparently ultra and xtreme are not supported.

So I ordered a new Kensington sd card, came today. But still the exact same problem.....very annoying and getting quite expensive now.

Anyone else had any luck?
Are you using a USB adapter or the power supply that came with the camera to power it during the update? Don't use your computer USB power to power it during an update.
Also, did you format the new card in the camera first?

Are you using a USB adapter or the power supply that came with the camera to power it during the update? Don't use your computer USB power to power it during an update.
Also, did you format the new card in the camera first?
I have been using the leaf that came with the camera, and formatted the memory card before I started the update. But it gets to 99% and just gets stuck

This is the image I get

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 12
This is the image I get
Have you ever updated the camera before? Wondering if it's the cameras update process or the firmware version. What version are you trying to update to?

Have you ever updated the camera before? Wondering if it's the cameras update process or the firmware version. What version are you trying to update to?
No never managed to update it before. It's only a month old, but they have an update on there website. I follow the instructions as printed on the website. Seems very strange. But there customer support is very slow in responding.

OK, dumb question. Your sure the version your trying to install is different than the one already on the camera? I looked for an update for the 658 about 4 or 5 months ago and the one they had online was the same already on the camera. Where did you find the update? I'm looking on their site and they are hiding it well. Can't remember where I found it before.

OK, dumb question. Your sure the version your trying to install is different than the one already on the camera? I looked for an update for the 658 about 4 or 5 months ago and the one they had online was the same already on the camera. Where did you find the update? I'm looking on their site and they are hiding it well. Can't remember where I found it before.
I will have to check when I get back. But I am relatively sure it's due an update.

I have a Magellan branded 658. Will the firmware update on the MiO site be safe to install on it?

Not sure about the above. As an update to my previous question, the car was stolen with the mivue in it. So no longer have the dash cam to worry about.

The best part is that the insurance company who recommend dash cams, don't cover them if the car is stolen

Back