MiVue 658 Speedcam update problem

ifred

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hi, I'm running the latest firmware version you can download from the website(R01.59.1375.A5W), and had V77 Speedcam update. I wanted to update to the current one, which is V89, but even if I put the "Speedcam_Data_FEU.bin" in the root of the SD card the camera didn't ask for the update.
The only way I got it to prompt me to update was by renaming the file to "Speedcam_Data_EU.bin", but that only made things worse, because it did prompt for an update, but when it was done for some reason it downgraded the Speedcam version to V34, probably beacuse it didn't recognize the update file.
How do I solve this? It won't ask for an update with FEU in the name, and naming it just EU doesn't work either. Mio support is horrible and completely useless, they take days to answer and their answers are completely unrelated to my problem. What can I do to make this work?

Mio has big problems with updates to Speedcam, at least for Russia this is just a problem, and this has been going on for several years - when downloading the update the Speedcam dashcam stops working normally, constantly freezes and therefore you have to updates it with the old firmware and load the old databases of the Speedcam (if you you will find them).
Users create updates themselves, although it's not that easy.

For these dashcams, the structure and firmware file of the Speedcam database are the same: Mio MiVue 618/636/658/678/698.

Here: https://videoregforum.ru/threads/al...dlja-mio-3xx-5xx-6xx.1944/page-50#post-152285 on the Russian forum they post alternative databases to Speedcam, somewhere there is a description of how they create these databases, but this is only for Russia, you need to look somewhere for source information on POI points for you country.

I would never go for a dashcam with speed cameras it it, not least as here in Denmark we dont have many fixed speed cameras, only 10 or so, but mobile ATK cars ( vans ) we have about 100 of in operation every day.
If i was to buy such a camera for other properties ( good image quality ) i would just not use the speed cam part, speed cams we Danes deal with using a local APP where users report in where the ATK cars are located and the few fixed speed cams are always marked.
In general a ATK car change location about 10 -12 times in a day ( daytime not used during the night )

ATK is Danish for Automatic Traffic Control

Buy a mio dash cam at your peril. Their support is non exsistant, usless, they will lead you around in ever decreasing circles. There is no support department, mio will take your money then forget you.

At least forget about the "smarts" in the camera, they are often the source of grief for the people that buy such "smart" systems.

Back