MiVue 658 WiFi

DaveM, It's their advertising claims that concern me (MONTHLY speed safety camera updates, important in the UK) that don't exsist, support continually giving you the run-around with cloaked answers concerning this subject. After returning my unit to Halfords UK and informing their head office customer support management team, they also agreed that Mio were misleading people on this point and so refunded my money. I also now understand that the 658 wifi is suffering with operating problems.
What problems is the WiFi version suffering ? Mines used nightly for upto 15 hrs a night and has never suffered a glitch or anything

Robert. Make sure the power lead is fully home in the plastic clip. If it isn't it doesn't make a contact. If you have any doubts plug the power lead in without the plastic bit that attaches to the mount. Try that
Paul
Hi Paul and Shaunmercy, Yes the 658 wifi power lead and mount is a very bad design. I had all sorts of run-ins with Mio over this very problem ( and other faults). Paul, if it would not upset whoever gave you the gift, my advice would be to exchange it , there's loads more better units out there.

Paul. Go to the top of the class! Removing the mounting bracket and plugging the power in brought on lights and a voice saying "Hello", so this must be the problem. I will return in daylight tomorrow to see if it can all be fixed up and made to work.

Hi, I am new to this forum and I've just changed from a MiVue 568 camera to a new MiVue 658 WiFi and would like to know how other users are getting on out there. I intend to give it a test over the weekend sometime. Cheers.
im new to this forum to.... just recently got the mivue 658 wifi for my car and it works very well .... hard wierd mine in with the smartbox as cant put the lead that goes to the cigar lighter as my car has airbags each side of the windscreen so cant hide wiers that way. found the software update easy to do as well and the update for saftey cams as well ... you must reset the dash cam to defaults
To do this go to: Main Menu > Settings > System > Restore to defaults. once this is done then you must
activate the WiFi option to go: Main Menu > WiFi. then
To ensure you install the correct update, please check which firmware version you currently have installed on your device.
To do this tap Main Menu > Settings > System > Next > Version .... mine was ro1.50

In the version screen you will see your current firmware version:
If you have version R01.36 or lower (R01.33...), please download the update from HERE.

If you have version R01.37 or higher (R01.43...), please download the update from HERE. <------------ i used this one as my version was higher than ro1.43

once you down load this insert your sd card in your pc card reader
right click and click open containing folder drag and drop this file to your sd card .....
re-insert your sd card into you dash cam and switch it on and accept the firmware ..... you will see a loading bar doing its download to the dash cam when this is done you will have the latest update .... as for saftey cam updates its exactly the same procedure .
some people say all this doesnt work but it does if you follow the instuctions right .... brilliant dash cam and it records great videos

Back