MiVue J85 - How to hard reset

abunea

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hello, newbie to the forum, I have a Mio J85, I have changed the default password. However I cannot seem to remember it.

I have googled extensively, also looked at the manual, but I don't see of way to do a hard reset. The camera has a small pinhole, but all that does is to turn it off. It's not going back to factory settings.

Has anyone encountered this issue before? Any suggestion on how to fix it?

Hello!
Have the same problem - forget my WiFI password on MIO J85. Tried to reset it with firmware update from SD card (different firmwares). It's seems like device is reset to defalt, because it turned on front light warning (which was turned off before), but I can't connet to device WiFI. Tried default 0123456789, 1234567890, 012345678. Can it be another default password?

Thanks!

Hello!
I have the same problem, I forget my password and now I can't connect to the device! How to reset the device to default settings of reset wifi to default password?

Finally got a reply from Mio, after months! They provided me with the latest firmware, to upload via SD card. It doesn't help, it updates the firmware but does not restore the factory settings.

Finally got a reply from Mio, after months! They provided me with the latest firmware, to upload via SD card. It doesn't help, it updates the firmware but does not restore the factory settings.
I have the same recomendations from local service and got firmware from them. Not worked out.

I also tried to upload new firmware but the dashcam turned off and didn't turn on after that! I visited the local service and the service manager fixed it for me. Wifi also works!
PS: @max_bor As I see you are from Ukraine too. My advice to you: visit the official service center and they will help you. https://support.mio.com/Maintain/RepairOnline

For everybody looking for solution on MiVue J85 there are two buttons.

To reset to factory settings, press them both for around 4–5 seconds until the dash cam turns off.
Do not press them very hard as it may damage Your device.

Afterward, You will be able to connect with default password: 1234567890

Back