Mobi Maxi already crashed - day 1

sharpharp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mobi Maxi arrived today (got the capacitor version)

Setup config, added new 2.11 firmware. Setting up parameters and been trying to get to WiFi mode, but now the Maxi has hung, it's stuck on Yellow light and Red Light, no buttons will do anything at all. Any ideas?

Tried plugging back in, but still no joy? Why is it still switched on, surely the capacitor would have turned off as I have power off disconnect set to immediate.

First impression not very good..... Also, the fact you have to press buttons on the device to enter wifi is piss poor, no thought given that customers might have a stealth install and the camera hidden away?????

Unable to join the network "MobiusMaxi_" what a piece of **** Connected on previous firmware, now on 2.11, not working.

Does the imbecile developer come on here?

That explains the inclusion of the reset clip...… Have had to use this several times already as the unit just hangs.... This does not even feel like a complete product, what the hell

Last edited:
Just opened case to take a look, the ******* seller sent me one with a Battery, unbelievable.

This was purchased from eletoponline (the so called preferred seller on ebay) but just goes to shows even they can't get it right. Avoid that seller

Sounds like a bad first day.

I don't know what FW you were on before updating to 2.11 as that's the only version that supports WiFi. Did you say that you managed to connect via WiFi at one point?

Receiving a battery version when you ordered the capacitor version is rather annoying. Eletoponline365 are normally fairly good - they should sort it out quickly.

Also, the fact you have to press buttons on the device to enter wifi is piss poor, no thought given that customers might have a stealth install and the camera hidden away?????
At the moment the Maxi cannot maintain a wifi connection and record at the same time, which is possibly why there's no option to have Wi-Fi turned on by default. My GitUp F1 can do both, not that I've tried it. My Viofo A129 can also do both, but the video bitrate is very much reduced when WiFi is on.

Back