mobile Memory Card Readers Lightning USB SD Micro SD OTG Card Reader for iOS + android

hey all. the first post has been updated to reflect what has been working for me on iPhone X running 11.4.

july 2018 update:
this update relates mostly to us that have newer iOS devices that lack compatibility with some of the devices that have been covered previously in this thread. currently I have an iPhone X on iOS 11.4. here's what works for me:

the SD/micro SD card reader I use is branded WECODO and uses an app called iDiskk Pro. it also has a USB and micro USB head for android users. the listing is no longer live on amazon.com but a quick search for iDiskk comes up with a few readers that likely use the same app, and if so, will likely work with newer iOS devices and OSs. perhaps this ~$15 device that's actually listed as iDiskk branded is the new form factor.

anyway, here's what it looks like in action.

1-b1w-folder-structure-jpg.40084

2-sort-function-jpg.40085

3-b1w-video-jpg.40086

4-a119-folder-structure-jpg.40087

5-a119-video-jpg.40088

please let me know if you have any questions and I'll try my best to give an accurate, timely response.

I've received the SD card readers I ordered, I've tested them all using an iPhone 8 Plus (iOS 11.4.1), SanDisk Endurance 32GB micro SD card (formatted in A119S) and a VIOFO A119S running V2.6 firmware.

Below is my short review for each.
QSHZed8.jpg

9s68o3K.jpg
The above works with the iFlashDeviceHD app intermittently. It feels flimsy and I can't plug it into my phone with the case on, so I don't recommend this card reader.
wKvoH2L.jpg
Contrary to other reports, the above works with the iUSB Pro app consistently. Works with cases. Recommended.

slohuDL.jpg

The above works with the iUSB Pro app consistently. Works with cases. Recommended.

Back