Mobile phone loophole for filming drivers 'to be closed'

joe384

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
2 x DR590W-2CH, Cellink B

I don't know why the guy who sucessfully appealed didn't get charged with careless or inconsiderate driving though? :oops:

Or maybe they should have charged him under the 1986 Construction and Road Vechicles Use Act:

"109.—(1) No person shall drive, or cause or permit to be driven, a motor vehicle on a road, if the driver is in such a position as to be able to see, whether directly or by reflection, a television receiving apparatus or other cinematographic apparatus used to display anything other than information—

(a) about the state of the vehicle or its equipment;

(b) about the location of the vehicle and the road on which it is located;

(c) to assist the driver to see the road adjacent to the vehicle; or

(d) to assist the driver to reach his destination.

(2) In this regulation “television receiving apparatus” means any cathode ray tube carried on a vehicle and on which there can be displayed an image derived from a television broadcast, a recording or a camera or computer."

Cops here have started to issue fines to people rubbernecking and filming as they pass accident sites.
And personally if i attend a accident and some idiot start to film another persons misery,,,,, well i am going to lay misery and pain on that person that's for sure.

Same as the guy in the car next to me picking his nose, well i am not going to put that in one of my youtube uploads..

Back