Mobis not recording

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've let it set for a year and the battery swelled up so I put in a capacitor. Its not recording but a yellow steady light on top is showing and the red light in the back is on. I would like to order a new battery and a couple of small screws that hold the case together. But I don't want to put money into it if its not going to work. Also I lost the link to the editing software I was using and I think the man that made it was killed in a auto accident.
Bob

When the Yellow light and the RED are on, the camera is in standby mode and waiting for instructions. If you press the shutter button (the one closest to the front of the camera) it should begin recording assuming the camera is working properly. That would be the first thing to try. If you still have problems you may also need to reset the GUI using mSetup and select your preferred recording functions.

It might also be a good time to re-read the Mobius Instruction Manual to review the LED indicator functions. http://www.mytempfiles.info/mobius/MobiusManual.pdf

You can buy a new battery quite easily for less than 5 dollars from Bangood -
The screws are harder to come by but you might have some luck contacting eletoponline365 on eBay (the Mobius manufacturer) as see if they can supply some replacement screws. Some online hobby shops sell screws that will fit.
Personally, I've been saving tiny screws from all kinds of old gadgets I've owned over the years so I have a nice collection of various sized small screws for when the need arises. You may find you have some old gadgets sitting around you no longer use that may have screws that will work for the Mobius.

http://stores.ebay.com/eletoponline365?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Dashmellow. The yellow light blinks all the time and when I press the front button I can feel it click but the light still blinks. I checked all my setting and they seem to be the same as before it stopped working. I don't want to buy another one if its something simple wrong with this one. Also wonder if I have to replace it would I want to replace with a Mobius. I run this behind the windshield on my motorcycle.

Earlier you said the Yellow light is "steady" which I took to mean that it is always on. Blinking is another matter. Try a different memory card and see if anything changes.

My mistake, the yellow light is steady.

And I did try a different memory card.

Do I understand that you have a capacitor in the camera? So you are powering the camera from a cable? If it's being powered from a PC usb socket (not a power-only usb source) then the camera will be in PC connection mode and will not record. Try powering the camera from a power-only usb source, like your phone charger or car 12v adapter, and see if that makes a difference.

I have a fully-functional Mobius 1 here plugged into my laptop. It has a solid yellow light on top and a solid red light at the back. It will not record while connected to the laptop.

Thanks TonyM that was my problem. Now I would like to find the editing program I used as it was free and I know it but bought a new computer and lost the link to it. I think the guy that made it died in a auto accident if that helps, or another easy to use editing program.
Bob in Texas

Glad that was an easy no-cost fix!

There are lots of editing programs out there. It kind of depends on what you want to do. It sounds like you were using Registrator Viewer before. It's not one I've used so I can't comment on where to get it, but a quick search on this forum should find something. Personally I use two free programs, Avidemux and VSDC. Avidemux is good for quickly extracting a short clip from a longer file without re-encoding, so no loss of quality. VSDC is good for simple edits, like showing front & back camera views simultaneously.

TonyM Registrator Viewer is what I was using but will look at some others.
Thanks

My Mobius is using a capacitor that I have never used but had it as a spare and the battery finally went out. So it will run for about 15 or 20 seconds and then the power goes off. I never had any problems running the battery. What's the possibility of that being the problem?

Next question, the unit used to start recording when I started my vehicle but now I have to power it on and and push the record button.
Bob in Waco Tx

My Mobius is using a capacitor that I have never used but had it as a spare and the battery finally went out. So it will run for about 15 or 20 seconds and then the power goes off. I never had any problems running the battery. What's the possibility of that being the problem?

Next question, the unit used to start recording when I started my vehicle but now I have to power it on and and push the record button.
Bob in Waco Tx
Are you saying that it runs for about 15 or 20 seconds on the capacitor? If so, that's normal. The capacitor only holds enough charge for the camera to finish recording, close the file and do a proper shutdown. If the battery only runs for 15-20 seconds, then it's definitely time to buy a new one.

Do you have 'Power On - Auto Record' set to either 'external only' or 'both' in mSetup?

If the capacitor charge has been depleted, it may not be able to deliver enough power to keep the camera running during any power fluctuations while your car is starting. Try charging the capacitor first (only takes about 30 seconds) then see if the camera auto records on startup.

Back