Mobius 1: Lens C2 vs Maxi Lens B

TonyM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
A139, M1S
Whilst testing the new Mobius Maxi, I thought it would be interesting to install the fast F1.5 lens B from the Maxi onto a Mobius 1, and compare it to the F2.0 C2 lens which is possibly the one most often used for dashcam purposes.

The first thing to notice is the different Field of View. The C2 FOV is wider than the B. In my car that means the corners of the A pillar are visible in the C2 video, but not in the B video. Whilst some may prefer to have as much of the road in view as possible, others may feel that the C2 is too wide. In previous testing I found that the FOV on the Maxi B is very similar to the FOV on the Maxi A (which is identical to the Mobius 1 Lens D). The downside of Lens D for dashcam use is the slower F2.8 aperture, with poorer quality video at night and in low light.

Apologies for the varifocal lens on another Mobius which intrudes into the FOV for the C2 lens

Maxi B
y4mIEkw-9qnS5xedCLVR7ofZg5UyH5NAenwj4skWb1MHZ72rY7CoDVyR52Ljw1jtFiAi2HR1D5fZHpFHKFLfVgoDZbG5aFD_7EsNiTGB8FYHw6TYax9doeU2WWWq5r1A_Qzeau1nHlLarg0rgPTVg-GCwM4FOeKlqKtRVXdc5YlVhgilMxB4Mz8Q60WcADZ9Ks4nHWmanY6IiqebdLZy3VZuA

C2
y4meLSGPO4Sn3B7nS6yP2gAfV9m_sDM1lE2tSDp-co4tCSzdXgJXWtT9y671tu90lcmWzPsxaiLvP2l4KwTU26e3UHrtznuwx57ST8UZ7Q0_QnFfCqt1D5opgs-G_mFcL-aDSAiil6MH48DRTugYBoc-3EvLamIfTFeRgSQfKKmvYAe6uGLAhOT86vYyah3wX-SXOQz2O4Otcj4oNtAnSya1A

Looking at the FOV when parked, the C2 picks up more of adjacent parked cars, whilst objects in the Maxi B scene appear larger and better defined.

Maxi B
y4m7Lm3idbDVpITXv0SYn3pO-U6YyBK9-exRcv4Yig3YgLTkCIUVaQNaenNBTPfg6uj5j7ke7wl7JX42A3iscMy05xWlhGonEuC4dFE0exiX3WTtiGSHPOjqhuKgGkmbZMM-mjo5JY6OGHM8VB5Yoqa_RMGnYLQzt_t2g_llwnKYIFriRtl6KdZ5LmUo0OYYFVwTslmqyot-FIjySFIkw-Tqw

C2
y4mSu_P3-pPobVIAmsXpgkjMusGga2uwMKHxzeJzUjJdv5NpWplDcNgCy-XQij4WWFO1iPCPz2dk72JWqxdygssd2cfQQKwQRLTduw_8crtoneReMmiJXOSGbZf8fiU7N0djCNVOc2qcJ7DbmmicMG4NVoftWZ8SH2XL6krpUydyw1FNpCXZ4eZG9d4cEMiUmxkuopndEix30LtBxakj7vUMw

If you have a Mobius 1 with C2 lens and want a narrower FOV, but don't want to use the slower F2.8 lens D, then the Maxi lens B may be a suitable option. NOTE: The Maxi B lens is not yet available to purchase separately.

Last edited:
IMO both the C2 and the defaults lens on the M2 are super wide. The Maxi's and the A129's 140° looks just about right.

Talking about the 140° lens, I won't be surprised if it's the same for both.

IMO both the C2 and the defaults lens on the M2 are super wide. The Maxi's and the A129's 140° looks just about right.

Talking about the 140° lens, I won't be surprised if it's the same for both.
Visually the A129 and the Maxi B lenses appear to be identical.

Last edited:
Never actually put them side by side and compared, yup, they do look identical.

If you have a Mobius 1 with C2 lens and want a narrower FOV, but don't want to use the slower F2.8 lens D, then the Maxi lens B may be a suitable option. NOTE: The Maxi B lens is not yet available to purchase separately.
The Maxi Lens B module is now available to buy at eletoponline365:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153087325229

TonyM: how did you fit the maxi lense B in the mobius 1? my case does not close and ive grinded quite alot of plastic off already. seems like the Maxi Lens B is too tall.

TonyM: how did you fit the maxi lense B in the mobius 1? my case does not close and ive grinded quite alot of plastic off already. seems like the Maxi Lens B is too tall.
There are a few variations of the Mobius 1 case, which were made to accommodate the different lens modules. You want to have the threaded lens barrel sticking out through the opening in the case, rather than cut away the case for the wider part of the lens.

There are a few variations of the Mobius 1 case, which were made to accommodate the different lens modules. You want to have the threaded lens barrel sticking out through the opening in the case, rather than cut away the case for the wider part of the lens.
Yeah it does stick out, it's just the height seems about 1mm taller which means i can't close the case. I guess i may have to grind away some material

Back