Mobius 1S Announced

TonyM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
A139, M1S
Edit: The Mobius M1S is now available

I launched mSetup today and it updated to a new version - 7.0.0.1. Curious to see that was new, I found reference to a Mobius 1S camera.

mSetup 7-0-0-1 Mobius 1S.jpg

Looking at the parameter list, it appears to be a 1440p camera. The original Mobius 1 is no longer listed for sale at eletoponline365, so perhaps this is a direct replacement? Tom Frank suggested something new was happening with the Mobius 1 back in August.

RCG 28 Aug 2022.jpg

Last edited:
That's very curious. When I went to update my Mobius cams the other day for the recent Standard Time change I too encountered an update to mSetup v 7.0.0.1, but there is no reference to a Mobius 1S camera like in your screen shot, only "Mobius".

msetup.jpg

That's very curious. When I went to update my Mobius cams the other day for the recent Standard Time change I too encountered an update to mSetup v 7.0.0.1, but there is no reference to a Mobius 1S camera like in your screen shot, only "Mobius".
When you start up mSetup (without a camera attached) then click on Tools, you can see a few options such as which camera FW versions to download. That's where I first saw the Mobius 1S.

1668100655621.png

If you click on Advanced, you can select the startup camera for mSetup.

1668100794249.png

Click on Mobius 1S then OK, Exit and Exit to close these windows, then restart mSetup. This time you will have the Mobius 1S parameter windows to view...

I was doing this to select the M1 and get to the online help file and find out what makes an M1 rear LED stay on continuously. So only noticed this by accident.

Last edited:
in advanced settings, does the M1s has the same possibility to lock exposure & white balance? Are all parameters to be adjusted same as M1?

in advanced settings, does the M1s has the same possibility to lock exposure & white balance? Are all parameters to be adjusted same as M1?
Looking at mSetup, I think those options are available.

mSetup v7.0.0.1 screenshots for Mobius M1S

1669988173633.png

1669988217612.png

1669988237625.png

1669988257260.png

1669988286159.png

Lets hope the model name are not indicative of how long the camera will last.

The full set of available options may not be evident until you actually can plug a M1s into your computer.

Perhaps, but I hope this tab reflects the actual parameter options of the M1S and M1

1669990271365.png 1669990359339.png

Sharpness, exposure, contrast and saturation appear to be on different scale to the M1, and it looks like the custom WB is still available.

Of course, no-one has an M1S yet and the FW parameters might change. We'll just have to wait until someone buys one to find out.

Copied direct from RCGroups (posted by Tom Frank)

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=50191069&postcount=21505

Mobius M1S (a reborn design of the original) has been released

I just learned a couple days ago that the M1S was finally being released. It's been in beta testing since last August, and is quite an improvement from the original M1, especially with better dynamic range in addition to higher resolutions and frame rates. It's one drawback is it runs VERY HOT at it's highest resolution and frame rate! I was hoping they would modify the case with ventilation holes and a larger heat sink area similar to the Maxi case to help dissipate the heat.

I guess I'll need to start another thread for the M1S since it's a totally different camera inside. I'll post a link here to the new thread when it's ready for posts. In the interim here's a peek at it's configuration text file for the most recent FW file (v1.17) I have for it:

FW text formatting really didn't like being posted here. Check the original post if you are interested.

It's one drawback is it runs VERY HOT at it's highest resolution and frame rate! I
The max resolution is 1440p. The maximum bitrate is 30Mbps. The default 1440p bitrate is 20Mbps in h264, or just 12Mbps in h265.

If I do get one, I suspect I will be drilling holes in the case!

It's one drawback is it runs VERY HOT at it's highest resolution and frame rate!

The original Mobius runs pretty damned hot too, especially in the summer time. yet the cameras take a licking and keep on ticking. I wonder if, even if very hot whether the M1S might ok with that.

Glad I own a drill press and happen to have several spare M1 cases on hand though. Yes, I'm thinking of purchasing one. Just hope Mobius hasn't flubbed yet another model with lots of potential but a fatal flaw. If so, my long ago remark that the Mobius 1 was a true lightning in a bottle phenomenon will have been proven accurate once again. (For the final time as far as I am concerned.)

I was told they are working on a new low-light camera thats due to release soon.

As for durability I have yet to run into problems with the MM4K, although they are only ~1 year old.

I was told they are working on a new low-light camera thats due to release soon.

As for durability I have yet to run into problems with the MM4K, although they are only ~1 year old.
My M1S is proving to be just as reliable as any of my M1 cameras. I don't have 100% confidence in my MM4K.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TonyM Mobius 1S 12
TonyM Mobius 1S 71
Back