Mobius 2 Action/Dash Cam support thread

The latest Windows software GUI - mSetup - v.4.0.1.5 - for the new Mobius Action/DashCam 2 can be downloaded HERE.

Last edited:
At the moment I've two Mobius V3 cameras in my car, one Lens C as rear dashcam and one Lens C2 as front dashcam.
I'm very interested in buying the Mobius 2 but because of dashcam use I need a capacitor.
Can I use the same capacitors (Banggood) like I use in my current Mobius cameras?

At the moment I've two Mobius V3 cameras in my car, one Lens C as rear dashcam and one Lens C2 as front dashcam.
I'm very interested in buying the Mobius 2 but because of dashcam use I need a capacitor.
Can I use the same capacitors (Banggood) like I use in my current Mobius cameras?

Yes, as @jokiin says, the same capacitor can apparently be used as well as the same battery.

Thanks for the answers and nice to know it will be compatible.

Mobius 2 firmware apparently has a 90º rotation feature! (right or left) Very cool! :) New mounting possibilities, conveniently, without a dedicated 90º camera!

Last edited:
Any word on what resolutions are offered when set at 90°?

Quoting Tom from RCG -

"All resolutions are supported! But what you get is a tall, narrow "portrait" version, e.g. 9:16 aspect ratio instead of a "landscape 16:9 image. Note that most monitors (e.g. 1080p resolution) will not have enough vertical pixel count to display the full sized height of a 90 deg. rotated 1080p video (1920 pixels) or even a 720p video (1280 pixels), so the video will either play in a down-scaled size to fully fit the monitor display, or be cropped or scrollable in a window to view the entire height, depending on what software is being used to display the video. WMP and VLC default to a down-scaled image that fits the monitor height on my system, but MPC-HC defaults to a cropped image (appears to be from the middle of the full height frame) and is not scrollable, but the frame size can be set in the software user settings to display like the other two."

Quoting Tom from RCG -

"All resolutions are supported! But what you get is a tall, narrow "portrait" version, e.g. 9:16 aspect ratio instead of a "landscape 16:9 image.

ah VVS, less useful in that case, I guess the option is there for those that find it useful

Shouldn't be to hard to rotate the lens physically in the casing. It's being sold rotated by the official supplier for the Mobius 1.

Should be very useful for helmet mounting.

Quoting Tom from RCG -

"All resolutions are supported! But what you get is a tall, narrow "portrait" version, e.g. 9:16 aspect ratio instead of a "landscape 16:9 image. Note that most monitors (e.g. 1080p resolution) will not have enough vertical pixel count to display the full sized height of a 90 deg. rotated 1080p video (1920 pixels) or even a 720p video (1280 pixels), so the video will either play in a down-scaled size to fully fit the monitor display, or be cropped or scrollable in a window to view the entire height, depending on what software is being used to display the video. WMP and VLC default to a down-scaled image that fits the monitor height on my system, but MPC-HC defaults to a cropped image (appears to be from the middle of the full height frame) and is not scrollable, but the frame size can be set in the software user settings to display like the other two."

Thanks, that's interesting, I hadn't seen Tom's post yet. I based my remarks on looking at the manual config options on the support page.

VIDEO MODE 1
Movie Resolution=[0];0:1080p,1:720p,2:wvga
Movie Frame Rate=[1];0:120fps(only for 720p and wvga),1:60fps,2:30fps,3:WDR30fps(only for 1080p)
Movie Sound=[2];set movie sound,0:Mute,1:Low,2:Medium,3:High
Movie Cycle time=[2];movie cycle time,0:3 minutes,1:5 minutes,2:10 minutes,3:20 minutes
Movie Loop Recording=[0];set loop recording on or off, 0-0ff, 1-on
Movie Rotate=[1];set movie rotate,0:No,1:Inverted,2:90 degrees Right,3:90 degrees Left
Movie Time stamp=[1];set date/time stamp on or off,0-off,1-on
Movie quality=[3];set movie quality,0:Highest,1:Higher,2:High,3:Standard,4:Low ,5:Lower,6:Lowest
Movie Codec=[1];set video codec,0:H265 HEVC,1:H264 AVC

Last edited:
Shouldn't be to hard to rotate the lens physically in the casing. It's being sold rotated by the official supplier for the Mobius 1.

Should be very useful for helmet mounting.

Does the supplied ribbon cable allow for that?

Wouldn't know. My Mobius 1 is in transit. Will check when I open it up to swap the battery with the capacitor.

I meant, if they've done it, should not be too hard to replicate the rotation. Link

Wouldn't know. My Mobius 1 is in transit. Will check when I open it up to swap the battery with the capacitor.

I meant, if they've done it, should not be too hard to replicate the rotation. Link

Yes, please let us know. I don't think it's quite so easy as simply flipping the lens module.

It's of no consequence to my application, but will nevertheless give it a shot without trying to break anything.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 Eye using Tapatalk

So I was about to pull the trigger on getting a mobius for my jeep wrangler, but am now considering the mobius 2, I already have a helmet mount I was going to use. Will the helmet mount, and mobius 2 work on the almost vertical wrangler windshield? I know it was close, but would work with the prior model.

I think it might work, the screw is dead center on both the M2 camera itself, and the cradle you slide the old Mobius into.

Hang in there for a day or 2 and i will have some low light / night footage for you to make your call on.

I am leaving my home soon to drive back to my sisters house i am taking care of while they are on holiday until next weekend, i will record in 1080/30 WDR for my drive home, and i plan to do a little drive with those settings when it get dark too.
But then it will only be rural night recording as its a bit of a drive ( in Danish terms ) to the nearest city to get some night/city recordings, i am not quite sure if i will make that drive tonight, but keep a eye on the footage thread i made earlier today.

PS. i am using the M2 on the suction cup mount for the X camera, work fine and i am sure it would also work on the glue on mount for the Joovuu X camera.
And yesterday i tested the suction cup mount on a side window in my little Suzuki, and they are pretty darn close to vertical, maybe 2-3 degrees off.

Back