Paffman

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius 2, Boblov X6
Hi all,

I have just bought my first Mobius 2.

The first footage I took was perfect. I then upgraded the firmware to v2.08 and ever since then I have audio lag of around 2 to 3 seconds. You see the mouth move with no sound, then 2 to 3 seconds later you hear the speech.

Added to this the video freezes for a second or two randomly.

Is there any fix ?

If not how can I roll back to the previous firmware version?

Many thanks,
Steve

Not a playback issue as the first video before the firmware upgrade plays back perfect.

Not a playback issue as the first video before the firmware upgrade plays back perfect.

are you using the same settings as previous?

file copied to local drive first?

tried a different player?

checked the health of the memory card?

Hi Jokin,

I have reset to factory defaults, tried a different player and still have the audio lag & freezing.

The first recording that I made before the firmware update plays OK.

How do I check the health of the memory card?

I bought the 64GB memory card with the camera from eletoponline365 in Hong Kong via ebay. The memory card is a Samsung 64GB evo micro xc 1 - U1

How do I rollback the firmware?

use h2testw to check your memory card, see how that goes first

what settings are you using in the camera?

You can PM us for reboot details,thanks for your time!

I have formatted the memory card again and I still had the audio lag/random freezing. So I set about changing different settings. I have found that if I set the clip length to 10 minutes I get this problem, if I use a 3 minute clip length I have perfect video/audio. Even a 5 minute clip length has a very slight lag.

Any ideas?

All clear with the test,

I have formatted the memory card again, but still had the lag. So I set to changing the settings one by one. I found that if I set the clip length to 10 minutes I had the audio lag, even the 5 minute setting had a very slight audio lag, so I am having to use the 3 minute clip length setting to avoid the audio lag. Strange, it's a shame I can't use the other settings. But never mind at least I have found out what the issue was...

All clear with the test,

I have formatted the memory card again, but still had the lag. So I set to changing the settings one by one. I found that if I set the clip length to 10 minutes I had the audio lag, even the 5 minute setting had a very slight audio lag, so I am having to use the 3 minute clip length setting to avoid the audio lag. Strange, it's a shame I can't use the other settings. But never mind at least I have found out what the issue was...

should report the issue anyway, it might be something that can be improved in the firmware, the camera has bigger problems right now but no harm adding it to the list

You are making me wonder what I have bought now :)

Anything that I should know about?

The mobius 2 dont really measure up to the expectations of hardcore video buffs, not least low light performance seen to be a let down.
But most of it are little things ( big for nerds ) so if you like the footage you are getting thats just fine, and it should just get better with future firmwares.
I got a mobius 2 on day #1 but right now i have put it aside as i got it for action camera use and meanwhile SJcams have kindly provided me with 2 such cameras ( SJ 6 legend and the Sj 7 Star )

Off course those 2 SJ cameras are both in the conventional box shape, but for action use that's not so important to me.
And while i have been testing the mobius 2 in my car it just had to go to make room for new dashcameras that i am helping test and beat on for a few companies.

You can always use shorter files and use registrator viewer on the computer to stitch those many files seamless together with a couple of mouse clicks.

Hi Kamkar1,

Thank you for your reply.

I am using it mounted under the peak of my cap to record me metal detecting and the stuff that I find. The picture quality is OK for me although as you say on a dull day or indoors the picture is not great. I do edit after so should be able to drop the clips into the timeline OK. It's just a shame that I can't get a longer clip without the audio lag which can be as much a 5 seconds at the end of the clip. I like the compact size and the GoPro size cameras would not suit me. Hopefully there will be a firmware upgrade to address this issue in the future.

Thanks again.

O yes the firmware work is a ongoing job on the M2, just like they did for years with the original mobius, tweaking every little bit of performance out of it.

And i do think many of us in here agreed on that there is a lot of unreleased potential in the Mobius 2, only problem is they taken a unconventional approach with the M2.

The registrator viewer software are pretty cool, it automatic bundle up all your recordings into the sessions that was made, so all you have to do is click that session and hit save whole group, and it will then be output as one long recording.
And it dont change anything in the recording parameters at all.

Street guardian dashcams have the latest version of registrator viewer on their home page if you want to give it a try, the Russian that made it was sadly killed in a MC accident a while back so it dont get any more support.
But as i recall it work just fine with the mobius 2 footage.

Thanks for the info :)

Have you got a link to the registrator viewer software. I get a not found error when I tried...

Last edited:
I am using it mounted under the peak of my cap to record me metal detecting and the stuff that I find. .

would be ok for what you're using it for, it struggles a bit as a dashcam but not really things that would affect your type of usage I would think

Thanks all, yeah I think it will be OK for metal detecting. Maybe a firmware update will correct a few snags.

Back