mobius 2 dead?

killfisher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey all,hoping someone can help,ive got a mobius 2 that i use for airsoft,
ive installed a different lense,had the camera working fine for a few games,
well at the weekend the camera got over tightened in the mount,causing the
power button to get stuck in,which i didnt notice until returning home..after taking it out of mount the buttons seem fine..
so the short of it is the camera now will only display a yellow light for about 2 mins
it wont turn on,no other colour leds flash or show,ive tried the reset button,disconnected
the battery internally all to no avail,iver tried other leads and even another battery and sensor
so iam really hoping some one here can help or its a new cam for me...

many thanks in advance
kf

Have you tried to reset it by pushing something into the little hole on the back ?

If the power button on the case is mechanically stuck but not the micro-switch on the PCB then you can simply buy a new case for the Mobius 2 for a couple of £ at Banggood.com.

I would suggest opening up the camera, removing the circuit board and checking whether everything still works without the housing. If it does, then buy a new case. :)

If the power button on the case is mechanically stuck but not the micro-switch on the PCB then you can simply buy a new case for the Mobius 2 for a couple of £ at Banggood.com.

I would suggest opening up the camera, removing the circuit board and checking whether everything still works without the housing. If it does, then buy a new case. :)
well i did say it was stuck,but when taken out of the mount seems fine,and the power button does make the mysterious single yellow light come on for 2 mins as described above..

Does Computer recognize mobius ? Try reinstall firmware again. Hope it work

well i did say it was stuck,but when taken out of the mount seems fine,and the power button does make the mysterious single yellow light come on for 2 mins as described above..

Then it was apparently not in fact "stuck in" as you stated. Don't know what to suggest.

Does Computer recognize mobius ? Try reinstall firmware again. Hope it work
no the pc wont recongise it at all,but then the mobius wont actually turn on,has anyone else had a single yellow light on the top stay on ? i did
try putting the firmware manually on the card but again only the power button makes the yellow kight turn on nothing else has an effect..

Then it was apparently not in fact "stuck in" as you stated. Don't know what to suggest.
causing the
power button to get stuck in,which i didnt notice until returning home..after taking it out of mount the buttons seem fine.
maybe it wasnt the clearest of english

Maybe onboard lipo battery have been discharged to a too low voltage ? can it run off a USB charger or power bank ??

Not sure what the yellow color code mean for the mobius camera

I'm not quite sure what you mean exactly by, "at the weekend the camera got 'over tightened in the mount', causing the power button to get stuck in"?.......but would surely like to know is how is that you could even manage to screw the tripod mount in so hard as to , "cause the power button to get stuck in"......to the point where the camera no longer functions!? That's what it sounds like! (n)...Whatever really happened here, the bottom line is that it does indeed sound like you royally ****ed up your M2 camera and you will need to buy a new one. That's my take on this at this point. :grumpy:

Last edited:
I don't think he have been using the tripod mount at all, probably some form of DIY rifle mount.

Not sure what people put on for a lens , i assume it depend on what function you play on the team.
A regular rifle man might use a 20 - 30 mm lens, a long baller ( sniper ) might use a really narrow 70 mm lens.
And in both cases i think it will be hard to line up the camera on the screw mount, so i am inclined to guess some form of modified weaver mount are used, or what ever the rail systems on modern rifles are called.

Coming from the air rifles i am used to the old 11 mm dovetail mount, but i film thru my scope and that is not really a viable solution for airsoft, even for a creepy not moving much sniper.

I don't have one to study, but if the 'power button' is a double-pole type, then one half of it could be dead with the other half still working ;) If you or a friend does SMT soldering work those switches are dirt cheap to buy (under a quid with shipping) and it would be worth trying. Pretty much standard sizes and layouts on all those. Labor costs would be too excessive to hire that out not knowing for certain it would fix it.

Phil

Back