Mobius 3/5 times stays stuck on Solid Yellow light

sharpharp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Got the Mobius a few months back and have it setup in the car on Mode 1 with auto start record when car starts.

Also, had the settings on Auto Loop when card full.

It was working fine for the first few months (flashing green and yellow LED, but now when checking, almost 3/5 journeys see a solid yellow LED and then red led on solid as well. This means that the unit is in standby... but why?

I've reset the Mobius, checked latest firmware, tried several memory cards, but the issue is still intermittent.

Can anyone help? I need something reliable and this Mobius is well flakey.

Thanks,

P.S. I am using a USB 3m extension cable in the car, could this be the issue? Just read a thread saying it has to be a USB "Charging" cable, but I assumed all usb to usb micro were the same? This is the cable I use: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400844006733I also use the standard battery in mine. Shall I change it to a supercapacitor? If so, do you still need to use a proper Mobius charging usb cable for a Mobius with a supercapacitor in?

Last edited:
No joy with that thread.
Deleted the clips and it ran ok until the card was full and then stuck on the yellow light. Could it be the memory card I'm using?
The memory card is a Samsung Memory 64GB Evo MicroSDXC UHS-I Grade 1 Class 10 Memory Card, has anyone got one of these and had any issues with it?

Do you have it set for loop recording? It sounds like it records until the card is full then can do no more. That setting can be changed.

Do you have it set for loop recording? It sounds like it records until the card is full then can do no more. That setting can be changed.

As mentioned in the first post, yes the recording is set to loop. It's not solid yellow everytime, just at random. The recording is simply not reliable.
Is there a particular recommended 64gb microsd card for the Mobius?

Back