Mobius 360º

Thanks for the feed back
So they miss match the color but it seems the 3D is ok ? looks good !

Printing is fine, but I need the other 3 lens holders that they have not manufactured by mistake , so I expect to get then soon

I tried autopano but with only 4 mobius it can't stitch well

MANUAL STITCHER

1º STEP

RECORDING 360 (4VIDEOS)

2º STEP

SAVE VIDEOS IN 4 FOLDERS, VIDEO1, VIDEO2,…

3º STEP

WITH A VIDEO EDITOR SYNC FOUR VIDEOS, CUT AND SAVE VIDEOS

4º STEP

EXTRACT FRAMES AND SAVE IN FOLDERS FRAMES1, FRAMES 2,..

5º STEP

RENAME WITH BRIDGE THE FRAMES

· FOLDER FRAMES 1 – 0001A, 0002A,..

· FOLDER FRAMES 2 – 0001B, 0002B,..

· FOLDER FRAMES 3 – 0001C, 0002C,..

· FOLDER FRAMES 4 – 0001D, 0002D,..

6º STEP

SAVE ALL FRAMES INTO SINGLE FOLDER CARPETA (ej. VIDEO360) 0001A, 0001B, 0001C, 0002D 0002A, 0002B,....

7º STEP

WITH THE 4 FIRTS FRAMES 0001A, 0001B, 0001C, 0002D CREATE A PANORAMA WITH PTGUI

AND SAVE AS TEMPLATE

http://www.ptgui.com/ptguihelp/templates.htm

8º STEP

http://www.ptgui.com/ptguihelp/batchbuilder.htm

FROM TAB TOOLS –BATCH BUIDER LOAD ALL FRAMES 0001A, 0001B, 0001C, 0002D 0002A, 0002B,.... APLICATE TEMPLATE,GENERATE PROJECTS AND STITCHER PANORAMAS

9º STEP

NOW, OUR FRAMES ARE PANORAMAS, LOAD IN VIDEO EDITOR SOFTWARE AND EXPORT WITH VIDEO 360

THIS VIDEO WAS MADE SO

Gradually I 'll expand THIS INFORMATION

THE VIDEO 360 have two problems, one is the synchronize and other the parallax error,
professionals software are solving it

Here more experiments of video 360 and video 360 3D with Mobius Cam
showmevirtual.com/equipment.html

__6455110_orig.jpg

Oh hey, that's me!

Here's a recent video we did for a local non-profit who uses their Trapeze to raise money for their circus program (teaching underprivileged kids circus arts)

We're going to build another stereo rig soon! It seems stereo is a bit too expensive to be realistic for most clients at the moment, but we're hoping for workflows to improve in the very near future.

edit: what lenses do you use Susobarral?

Last edited:

Congratulations on your work , ther circus deserves our support !!

Sunex DSL419 lens

Optical Specifications
Description All-Glass SuperFisheye™
Imager Format Up to ½”
Focal length [mm] 1.6mm
F/# 2.0
Design Image Circle [mm] 4.5mm
Field of View [degrees] 180° at Full Image Circle
Imager Resolution Up to 14mp
Distortion -10% F-Ɵ
Corner chief ray angle [degrees] 11° at 4.5mm
Mechanical See drawing
IR cut-off filter Options No IR cut-off (-NIR)
IR cut-off at 650nm (-650)

to me they sold me this name Sunex DSL419 (sunmer 2013) when I bought them, this lens was prototypes
Here:
www.optics-concept.fr
but I do not found it with this name in the shop of official web
www.sunex.com

the vfov is a fair bit

Best regards
Suso

did you try with xiaomi cameras ?
they are better than mobius (same price).
the cam can shoot 60fps a 1600x1200 at 35mbs.
the only drawback is there is not all the hacking option you got in mobius like having camera head and recorder separated , or camera head extension cable.
but on thingiverse there is 3d print for a rig (free if you got a 3d printer)
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:948103
(need some improvement like fixing camera, this part is a bit poor and could be enhanced with
a hinge on one side instead 2 screws)
for the rest it is the same process

did you try with xiaomi cameras ?
they are better than mobius (same price).
the cam can shoot 60fps a 1600x1200 at 35mbs.
the only drawback is there is not all the hacking option you got in mobius like having camera head and recorder separated , or camera head extension cable.
but on thingiverse there is 3d print for a rig (free if you got a 3d printer)
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:948103
(need some improvement like fixing camera, this part is a bit poor and could be enhanced with
a hinge on one side instead 2 screws)
for the rest it is the same process

Xiaomi, I think it's a good and cheap solution to create 360 video. But I want to get it with less cameras

I am waiting for new Mobius

Last edited:
yep, but most of them are just a rig with expensive gopro, and i suspect some of the cam are just stripped gopro into some fancy case.
the only one that have some interest is the one from samsung that stitch 14 cams in realtime.(3D360).
all the rest is good old manual stitching. some real 360 cams with only 3 lenses have bad resolution.
It seems the only one that has a balance between price, complexity and result is the ricoh.

Last edited:
I don't see the attraction with 360 video, most of it is difficult to watch

My feeling is that we are still in the very early stages of a revolution in 360° imaging that is leading to full immersion video and VR that will feel comfortable and enjoyable to watch. Right now 360° video and VR seems interesting and sometimes even beautiful to look at but also at times seems a bit gimmicky.

You may recall a post of mine almost a year and a half ago about a remarkable highly modified GoPro designed for professional cinema from Radiant Images in Los Angeles. They produce quite an array of custom built professional film gear and cutting edge prototypes and several of their devices are in the photo in @susobarral's post above. I believe some of the work they are doing along with the kind work @susobarral is interested in are leading the way towards new 21st century video experiences that future generations will come to think of as normal. People in the future may even come to think of 2D video as something old fashioned and quaint like silent B&W films seem to us today.

headcase.png

yeah the technology is interesting, I just don't feel the application is there that is is really needed for, not at this stage, the capture side of things seems well covered but (for me at least) I think it's the playback experience is where it falls over

The technology is on the way, albeit slowly. Right now there is a lot of attention on things like the Oculus Rift, but before too long it will evolve to be more like a pair of wrap-around sunglasses where everywhere you turn looks and feels as if you are in an actual environment video captured at 5K 120fps and above.

Occulus.png

Speaking of the coming revolution in 360 degree fully immersive imaging, Lytro, the makers of the amazing "light field camera", the LYTRO ILLUM are moving into expanding the technology into 360 VR. A light field camera is capable of refocusing images after being taken, as it can capture information about the intensity of light in a scene and the depth, and also captures information about the direction that the light rays are traveling in space.

The Lytro Immerge camera is probably the most cutting edge, advanced, next generation 360 degree cinematic capture device currently available. It requires no stitching to achieve 6 degrees of freedom within full VR immersion. The Lytro Immerge features a 40 "megaray" sensor. (A megaray is a measure of light field data capture. The LYTRO IMMERGE captures 40 megarays -- or 40 million rays-- per picture.) So, instead of stitching together images captured of the scene it is essentially rebuilding a version of the scene.

lytro.png

The later part of the video after 1:00 explains more about how the technology works.

Last edited:
Year 2000
"the new arrival" is the world's first immersive movie. shot on 360-degree behere ivideo, an immersive movie provides a new experience in which the viewer can navigate him/herself through a scene, able to choose any of the 360-degree view.

newarrival1.jpg

newarrival2.jpg

THE NEW ARRIVAL

15 years later, now this technology is in full swing!

Realtime Live 360 video is possible and with OpenCV (open source...)

Ladybug 5 of Ptgrey 30 MP resolution

It is an excellent choice for applications in geographic information systems (GIS)

When Google , Facebook and other big companies are betting on
360 video / 3D , something is happening...

I remember playing around with Quicktime VR, an image file format developed by Apple all the way back in 1994/95. It represented the beginnings of some of what we are seeing today. It was a proprietary format that never really took off but it was often used to create "virtual tours" where you could pan around 360° from the middle of a location or building which seemed pretty cool at the time. Twenty years ago, desktop computers didn't really have the processing horsepower or the memory and hard drive capacity to achieve what you can do today even if the technology existed to capture the imagery and work with it.

Example of a cylindrical panorama made with Apple's Quicktime Authoring Studio.
panoVR.jpg

Last edited:
yep a remeber the time when the technology was new and most software beta and free.
Suddenly some american company locked the technology with a silly patent (ipix) and all goes to the drain because basically they shut
down any business that was making "bubbles" with a fishey lens. (at that time we were shooting regular 24x36 film, developping and scanning)
now we can expect to have 3D360 real time stitching and VR goggles to look a it.

Back