Mobius A wide vs. Mobius C narrow

horaceCJ

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Dash Cam
Mobius A/B/C / 808 #16D
All other settings the same: FW v2.33, 50 Hz, 1080p, 30 fps, standard VDR, WDR on, default Advanced Image Settings etc.

0:05 - night, vertical, right side
0:35 - night, horizontal
3:00 - night, vertical, left side
5:00 - day, front, vertical, left side
5:48 - day, front, horizontal
6:29 - day, front, vertical, right side
7:01 - day, rear, vertical, left side
7:51 - day, rear, horizontal
9:31 - day, rear, vertical, right side

LE: for vertical comparison A is on the left side of the screen and for horizontal comparison A is on top

Last edited:
WOW, what a difference. The C-Lens in narrow mode looks great. Looks like I found my new setup. Thanks for the comparison.

All other settings the same: FW v2.33, 50 Hz, 1080p, 30 fps, standard VDR, WDR on, default Advanced Image Settings etc.

0:05 - night, vertical, right side
0:35 - night, horizontal
3:00 - night, vertical, left side
5:00 - day, front, vertical, left side
5:48 - day, front, horizontal
6:29 - day, front, vertical, right side
7:01 - day, rear, vertical, left side
7:51 - day, rear, horizontal
9:31 - day, rear, vertical, right side

@horaceCJ , this is amazing. So happy to have brought both the cams for front and back with C Lens. I think C narrow is the way to go.
I think the narrow C lens can now beat any dash cam lens built for night mode out there.
Can you please post your settings for C lens for narrow vision? Are u using similar settings during the day and night?

The settings are the same for day and night, nothing special to mention. If you want I'll post tomorrow screenshots of all settings or the config file.

The settings are the same for day and night, nothing special to mention. If you want I'll post tomorrow screenshots of all settings or the config file.
That be great, post anything that is convenient to you. Everything you guys do here to share your experiences and knowledge is a huge for us noobs here.

The way to unnoob is to try to set the settings, learn what they do and see which works best. The Mobius is super easy thanks to @Isoprop's GUI, hover over each setting and it tells you what it changes.

Sorry, which side is A and which is C in that video?

Sorry, which side is A and which is C in that video?
Sorry, I forgot about that, I'll add also in the first post: for vertical comparison A is on the left side of the screen and for horizontal comparison A is on top.

@horaceCJ , a quick question. Is there an issue with whitebalance on the lens C? Why is the video having a yellow tint to it for the night vision?

Last edited:
Yes, indeed the colors are warmer than for the A lens, which maybe is to cool. If you take a look at the night B vs C comparison, the differences are not that big.

Last edited by a moderator:
I purchased a Mobius C from BuyMobius and it will be here today. Talk about fast shipping. Can't wait to try it out today.

@horaceCJ thanks. Any specific reason u have turned off motion detection since you were using a bit over an yr back? I also see u disabling "enable lock mode"

I used motion detection when it was introduced just for testing. Now I'm planning to use it for the rear Mobius, but with an easy way to cut the power off.
Exposure and WB lock are pretty new features which I never used and (I think) never will... at least for dashcam applications.

Back