Mobius Action Cam. 'Live Video' only shows as black screen, no video

ajw1100

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Now Viofo 119S. Was Mobius Action Cam
How do you access Live Video. Or see what the camera sees?

Started the Mobius ActionCam app on my S3 running Android 4.3.
App loaded to home screen.

Started Configuration program.

Configuration screen works fine, changed setting and saved.

Return to Home screen.
Press Live Video.
Message; Camera is connected as mass storage...please tap camera button.
'Tapped button'
Message - 'Camera disconnected....' then went back to app launch screen.
Launched app again.
Screen showed 'Video Resolution 1280x720' ok.
Tapped ok.
Black screen - nothing......
After some time I tapped black screen.
Then text appears;-
Capture
Take Photo
Video record, plus 3 options.

Tapped Video Record.

Red recording bar shows and timer in top left corner of screen.
But NO Live Video…..

What I do find odd is that when I got to the black screen (after the Video Resolution screen) there was no indication whatsoever of what to do next, no 'Continue' or 'Press here', just a dead black screen.

Is this as it should be? Or how do access Live Video / WebCam so that you can see on the phone what the camera sees?

As you can set the camera configuration to auto record why have a second option in Live Video, the only reason I can think of is that you might want to record what you’re watching, which in my case I cannot!

does it have the ability to live view what you're recording? can't say I recall this being mentioned as supported

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, I tried again today with a new LINDY OTG lead which is Micro-B/Mini/B and is supposed to support the Mobius ActionCam and allow data transfer. Well it seems to do exactly that except the Live Video still refuses to work!!
I can, as I have noted above seemingly record video on the 'CAPTURE' screen:

QUOTE:
Launched app again.
Screen showed 'Video Resolution 1280x720' ok.
Tapped ok.
Black screen - nothing......
After some time I tapped black screen.
Then text appears;-
Capture
Take Photo
Video record, plus 3 options.

Tapped Video Record.

Red recording bar shows and timer in top left corner of screen.
But NO Live Video…..
UNQUOTE.

I allowed recording of 60 seconds then tapped the Video Record on the screen again and the red line closed as did the timer in the top[ left of screen.
I then checked the 100HDDVR folder but nothing new there, then checked all similar folders on the phone to see if it recorded elsewhere, but still no luck.

Can you tell me if what I am seeing is right? As noted above the black screen, is this normal? if not then at least I will have a point to aim at to find a resolution. IF that is normal then I need to look for the problem elsewhere. I have emailed Tomas the developer, but so far have not received a reply. I am going away and really want to get this sorted before I go.

this may sound silly but have you removed the black cap from the lens?

:eek::eek: Strangely enough I had removed the cover.;);)

Sorted, but not the way I wanted it. I have reinstalled Mobius USB Tools, and opened the app. NO problems at all, able to change configuration, see live video, record live video, see what was recorded automatically as a dashcam; all without a hitch. Great shame as I would have preferred to use Tomas' app, but, if it does not do what I need there is really no option but to go with the expensive and appallingly restrictive license conditions of the USB Tools app!

I guess the black screen as I have noted above is therefore NOT NORMAL? It is not a trick question!!

I would have preferred to use Tomas' app, but, if it does not do what I need there is really no option but to go with the expensive and appallingly restrictive license conditions of the USB Tools app!
Try CameraFi.

P.S. I've installed Mobius ActionCam. I do see live video from the camera.

Might be worth powering off/on your android device.

Last edited:
Have you removed your sd card ?

Back