Mobius As A CCTV Camera

Error7

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius - 808 #16 4 x G1W-H - 2 x 70mai
Just experimenting with a Mobius to use as a HD CCTV camera.
Pros: Great image quality, 25/30 fps, 16:9 format, records audio, compact. inexpensive.
Cons: Short recording duration, difficult to network.

Watch this space...

Have you got it hooked up to a Raspberry Pi or something like that mate?

The ispy software looks as though it will do the job. I will check it out but I need to ensure that the Mobius will record in HD with audio and will return to webcam mode after a power outage.

I've not seen any cheap Wifi to USB (WSB) bridges but one of those combined with a Mobius and then Blue Iris or the software above could be very interesting indeed! Not sure if it's dead tech though but it appears so. Would be nice to do it custom though a Hikvision / Dahua camera would work out cheaper when you add it all up but that wouldn't be as much fun :)

Don't you have to press a button combination to get the Mobius into webcam mode though on startup? Not sure if there's anything that could be done there = @Isoprop is your man :)

Last edited:
I've not seen any cheap Wifi to USB (WSB) bridges but one of those combined with a Mobius and then Blue Iris or the software above could be very interesting indeed! Not sure if it's dead tech though but it appears so. Would be nice to do it custom though a Hikvision / Dahua camera would work out cheaper when you add it all up but that wouldn't be as much fun :)

I've been looking at Hikvision but not seen any of theirs that have audio too.

You've got me fancying one of these now as well!

Food for thought reverend.
I already have a 12 camera system but all my cameras are low res and record at 2 fps. I want something better but it has to be affordable.

I got that Xiaomi Yi Smart Cam working pretty nicely for RTSP streams this week with the latest firmware so you may want to take a look at those as they're $33 or so shipped with IR or $30 with no IR

At that price for 720p and wifi they're quality once hacked

I got that Xiaomi Yi Smart Cam working pretty nicely for RTSP streams this week with the latest firmware so you may want to take a look at those as they're $33 or so shipped with IR or $30 with no IR

At that price for 720p and wifi they're quality once hacked

Thanks reverend. A couple of questions. How do you record from it and does it have audio?

I'm heading off to EuroDisney with the grandkids in the morning via the dreaded Euro Tunnel so I won't have chance to pursue this project further until I return. Delays are currently 2.5 hours! Wish me luck :(

Back