Mobius C2 Help

Raj123

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Afternoon

I have a mobius c2, which has been working fine, however how has some hiccups. It has a 64GB samsung Evo card formatted to FAT32.

When connecting it to my computer and the 12V socket in the car, the LED goes from green, blue, to green - then stays a solid yellow.

It is not recognised by the computer, nor does it record when getting power from the 12V.

It records fine when manually turning it on.

Any help will be appreciated!

Hello! @Gabacho

I have had a look on the manual, but it was no help. Hence was wondering if anyone on here could help me. Ive had it for 1 year now, never had this problem :(

I've also tried resetting and and using a different microSD card.

Kind Regards

Last edited:
I find if I leave the USB end left in the 12v socket and the mini USB end still plugged in and start up the vehicle then it won't auto record it only goes into phot mode (orange) so I have to take out the USB end from the 12v socket every time I turn the ignition and when started again I plug the USB end back into the 12v socket and haven't had no issues doing it this way... I'm also using a 64gb Samsung evo sd card.

Solid yellow indicates that the cam is in "standby" mode and msetup will not find the cam when hooked up to your PC in that mode. Once connected to your PC, hit the "M" button until you get a slow flashing yellow which indicates "recording" in mode 1, then wait till msetup finds your cam. Once you're in, check the settings to be sure they're still correct. I'll bet you'll find errors there.

Mine did something similar once, not sure why. My best guess is that a power transient occurred at the wrong time during boot-up which changed my settings. At times like this, screenless cams can be frustrating :mad: Print the manual Gabacho linked to and keep it in your car in case things go wonky away from home ;)

Phil

Hello! @Gabacho

I have had a look on the manual, but it was no help. Hence was wondering if anyone on here could help me. Ive had it for 1 year now, never had this problem :(

I've also tried resetting and and using a different microSD card.

Kind Regards

It might be worth checking to see if you may have forgotten to set the camera to "Auto record on Power-on" when you last reset the camera.
It sounds like this could be your problem since it immediately goes into standby and then records when started manually.

Mobius_001.jpg

Last edited:
good Evening @jokiin @Tony lovelock @Dashmellow

I am not on the latest firmware and left it on the firmware the camera came with when I bought it.

I have tried pressing the Mode button but unfortunately nothing will change. The only button which seems to respond is the power off button. I know the mode button works as it changes modes when turning in on manually

It was set to the auto power on when getting power before resetting it.

I cannot change any settings on msetup due to it not being recognised by the camera.

Would any of the settings be on the microsd card text file? Here it the SYSCFG file:

http://docdro.id/yc2bgyy

Could anyone tell me what to edit / attach an edited copy to see if it brings any luck?

Kind Regards

Last edited:

I am not on the latest firmware and left it on the firmware the camera came with when I bought it.

I have tried pressing the Mode button but unfortunately nothing will change. The only button which seems to respond is the power off button. I know the mode button works as it changes modes when turning in on manually

It was set to the auto power on when getting power before resetting it.

I cannot change any settings on msetup due to it not being recognised by the camera.

Would any of the settings be on the microsd card text file? Here it the SYSCFG file:

Could anyone tell me what to edit / attach an edited copy to see if it brings any luck?

Kind Regards

Try a different cable when connecting to your computer and see if anything changes.

In addition to trying other cables, also try all of the USB ports on your PC. My laptop has 6 USB ports, & I sometimes have to try 3 or 4 of them before Mobius is recognised.

It was set to the auto power on when getting power.

I cannot change any settings on msetup due to it not being recognised by the camera. Would any of the settings be on the microsd card text file?

Kind Regards
In addition to trying other cables, also try all of the USB ports on your PC. My laptop has 6 USB ports, & I sometimes have to try 3 or 4 of them before Mobius is recognised.

Alright will try that. I dont think tahts the issue because the same thing happens connecting it to my car. via the cigarette adapter.

I took the microsd card out when resetting it. Shall I try resetting it with the microsd card inside?

Try a different cable when connecting to your computer and see if anything changes.
You can contact seller to replace one USB cable,if only charging camera without enter PC mode,its problem will be its usb cable.

Alright will try that. I dont think tahts the issue because the same thing happens connecting it to my car. via the cigarette adapter.

I took the microsd card out when resetting it. Shall I try resetting it with the microsd card inside?

Yes..... you should have the memory card in your camera when you program it! Not having the memory card inserted in your camera is the reason that your PC (mSetup) doesn't recognize it.

Why didn't you mention earlier that you were removing the memory card from the camera before programming it? And what was the reason for removing it before programming in the first place?

Edit: BTW, if you are on a Mac computer and you connect a Mobius without a memory card installed with QuickTime Player running and then select "New Movie Recording" your Mobius will automatically appear on screen in web cam mode.

Last edited:
Yes..... you should have the memory card in your camera when you program it! Not having the memory card inserted in your camera is the reason that your PC (mSetup) doesn't recognize it.

Why didn't you mention earlier that you were removing the memory card from the camera before programming it? And what was the reason for removing it before programming in the first place?

Edit: BTW, if you are on a Mac computer and you connect a Mobius without a memory card installed with QuickTime Player running and then select "New Movie Recording" your Mobius will automatically appear on screen in web cam mode.

hello. i seemed to have confused you haha. i am connecting it to my computer with the microsd card inside. i am also connecting it to my car 5V adapter with the microsd card inside. it just stays as a yellow light and pressing the mode/ record button doesnt do anything.

i only took the mirosd card out when pressing the reset button. i have attached the SYSCFG file from it above. Should I press the reset button with the card still inside to see if it makes any difference?

Kind Regards

hello. i seemed to have confused you haha. i am connecting it to my computer with the microsd card inside. i am also connecting it to my car 5V adapter with the microsd card inside. it just stays as a yellow light and pressing the mode/ record button doesnt do anything.

i only took the mirosd card out when pressing the reset button. i have attached the SYSCFG file from it above. Should I press the reset button with the card still inside to see if it makes any difference?

Kind Regards

To be honest with you all of your posts have made it difficult to decipher your actual issue.

To be honest with you all of your posts have made it difficult to decipher your actual issue.
Alright sorry about that.

I will try and outline again.

@Dashmellow @jokiin @Gabacho

When connecting to computer and into my car - the camera turns on automatically - however only a solid yellow light remains - hence it does not record.

I have tried pressing the mode and record button on the camera while it is connected - however it makes no difference. I have also tried pressing the reset button with the microsd card still inside.

It records fine when pressing on the power button manually.

I had set it to the Auto on when reciveing power when I bought the camera.

My syscfg file is here:

I also now cannot charge it as everytime I connect it to the charger, it turns on and stays with the yellow light. Hence I cant turn it off and can only turn it off when disconnecting the mini usb socket.

Does anyone have anything I could do?

Kind Regards

Last edited:
Alright sorry about that.

I will try and outline again.

@Dashmellow @jokiin @Gabacho

When connecting to computer and into my car - the camera turns on automatically - however only a solid yellow light remains - hence it does not record.

I have tried pressing the mode and record button on the camera while it is connected - however it makes no difference. I have also tried pressing the reset button with the microsd card still inside.

It records fine when pressing on the power button manually.

I had set it to the Auto on when reciveing power when I bought the camera.

My syscfg file is here:

I also now cannot charge it as everytime I connect it to the charger, it turns on and stays with the yellow light. Hence I cant turn it off and can only turn it off when disconnecting the mini usb socket.

Does anyone have anything I could do?

Kind Regards
I have the same problem!

have you updated the firmware?

@jokiin

No, I havent updated the firmware - it is on the same one since I bought it. v2.37

Please could you investigate it? I can make you a youtube video if it helps.

Kind Regards

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DMICS Mobius 27
R Mobius 6
L Mobius 1
Adi Mobius 7
S Mobius 3
Back