Mobius C2 Lens Focus Grub Screw - size/availability?

MrWigster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly, hello all.

I received my first Mobius C2 camera today in the hope of recording my bike(cycle) rides.

Upon first testing the focus was set far too close, in completely macro mode.. so I opened it up, unscrewed the grub screw that holds the focus lens in place, got it perfectly in focus... and then realised I had somehow lost the focusing grub screw (not the allen key itself)! (silly, I know).

Does anyone know the grub screw size? — From what I can see on Google so far it's a "Hex 1mm grub screw". However I cannot find a single place that sells these at any kind of reasonable price (I'm happy to pay up to £4 ($8)) for this tiny little piece.

Or does anyone have a completely broken Mobius/lens they're possibly to sell parts of? (Wales/U.K)

Any ideas?

Last edited:
you can order this tool from the direct seller "eletoponline365" (ebay seller).
contact him and ask him (even if this tool is not listed in his store).

Ah, brilliant — even though it's not the tool itself I've lost, its the actual screw, but either way I will message him.

ask him to send you both tool and screw.
i bought from him before and he (twice) add to my package some freebies (extra lens cap and such).

Try a little dab of silicone with a toothpick on it in the meantime (between the movable lens and holder) to hold it in place so you can use it. Silicone is strong enough to hold and easy to remove when you have the screw on hand.

Last edited:
Any screw that size which will fit into the case will do, doen's have to be an exact replacement. With the silicone sealer (or even a tiny dabe of painter's caulking) you won't need the grubscrew. TBH I think it the better solution because it won't strip and you can't under or over tighten it. Nor can it damage threads.

Phil

Back