Mobius C2 + Power Magic Pro + Piggy Back Fuse Add Ons

Kaka786

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having got nearly everything ready to fit my camera, I have seen that it is best to use Piggy Back fuse adaptors to add the power magic pro to the interior fusebox.

Watching the PMP install on youtube, the guy just wraps the wire around the fuse which I have seen in a thread here, that is a no-no.

1.So does this kit require 2 of these adaptors, one for the permanent live and one for the red wire?
2. These adaptors I have also read are best to fit one way around, but there was that many posts conflicting each other I got lost :( so which way is right?
3. When putting the 2 fuses into these adaptors, is it the original fuse from the fuse box into the bottom? What fuse size goes into the top or can I leave it blank?

Hopefully this is all I need answers to and then I can crack on and then learn best settings for the camera.

Thanks guys I appreciate all the help I have recieved so far.

Thanks jokiin you have been great help. In regards to question 2, which way would be right?

I used a multimeter on the fuse whilst in the car and the top connector on the fuse shows 12 or so voltage. The voltage should only show on one side of the fuse? Once concluded is this the side where the wire is coming out of on the addafuse?

A working fuse will show the same voltage on both sides. A blown fuse will only show voltage on the hot side. Simplest way to find the hot side is to remove the fuse and test the socket.

KuoH

The voltage should only show on one side of the fuse? Once concluded is this the side where the wire is coming out of on the addafuse?

Thank you think I have got it now. So just to confirm that is the side the wire end has to be of the fuse adaptor?

Thank you think I have got it now. So just to confirm that is the side the wire end has to be of the fuse adaptor?

Find the fuse that's live when ign is turn on. Off when ign is off. That's the switched circuit.
Remove fuse and insert your tap a fuse. Put fuse back to adapter, the other line will connect to 5 VDC adapter to your camera.

Note,
Your tester should be 1 leg to fuse, either side. Other leg to ground ( car's metal body) tester will show voltage when ign is turned on and no voltage when ign is turned off. If it stays on when ign is off, look for another circuit.

Fuse locations found Bungus :) just need to finalize which way the fuse adaptor has to be either the wire end to the bottom or top? The top of the socket is where I have tested for power.

Find the fues you want to tap into then pull it out. If full-time hot one side of the fuse will show voltage as the other doesn't. If a switched fuse, do the same thing with the switch on. Draw the added current from the hot side either way.

Phil

Back