Mobius C2 test video

That looks great...very neat install, do have the camera wired to the bikes power or are you using a battery pack.

Reactions: mac
Hi. I have a front and rear, and both are wired to the ignition. I just bought another C2 to replace the 2-year old one I've been using on the front. They are working out well.

I'm going to mount the new front camera using a Sorbothane sandwich to help eliminate some of the vibrations.

Last edited:
Hi. I have a front and rear, and both are wired to the ignition. I just bought another C2 to replace the 2-year old one I've been using on the front. They are working out well.

I'm going to mount the new front camera using a Sorbothane sandwich to help eliminate some of the vibrations.

I'm impressed !!! Normally I'd expect any motorcycle video to be tons of jello and shaking in the image. Granted the super wide angle helps, but that seemed a lot better than I would have expected.

Back camera looks way better than I anticipated. It's why I'm going to try to do something (again) with the front. There's an awful lot of engine vibration in the front faring, and I hope my sandwich of Sorbothane works out. If not, then I'll have to try one of those bulky RC camera mounts.

If the Sorbothene seems to do nothing or makes it worse, try adding mass (weight) to the cam. Most of your vibrations are probably high in frequency, and by the time a heavy mass starts moving, the opposite cycle is happening or several cycles have passed, so it doesn't move the heavier mass much compared to a lighter one. If the vibration turns into an up-and-down shaking, move the mass forward or backward till you find the 'sweet spot' where it cancels that out.

Phil

When I mounted my Drift camera to my bike ( it's quite heavy ) I experimented with various types of rubber and settled with silicone sheet and silicone foam sheet, I cut them into discs and made up a resilient mount to isolate the vibrations from the bike to the camera, it worked to an extent but it never fully removed the vibrations.

You might have better results with the Mobius as its much smaller and lighter than my Drift camera.

It may be better to continue this in the Moubius Mount thread to respect the OP.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mobius-mounting-solutions.2654/

Last edited by a moderator:
Back