Mobius cam not good enough

tung256

Reaction score
Country
United States
hello,
after owning the Mobius action cam for 3 years, i think it's time to upgrade! today i have a small incident while the car is in motion. upon reviewing the vid files, i could not make out the other car's license plate, it was very blurry! i was about 15ft away traveling 60mph. my eyes can see the license plate fine in day time. but now i forgot the numbers already. i thought the Mobius could see it clearly as i can.
pls recommend something for year 2017

hello,
after owning the Mobius action cam for 3 years, i think it's time to upgrade! today i have a small incident while the car is in motion. upon reviewing the vid files, i could not make out the other car's license plate, it was very blurry! i was about 15ft away traveling 60mph. my eyes can see the license plate fine in day time. but now i forgot the numbers already. i thought the Mobius could see it clearly as i can.
pls recommend something for year 2017
Welcome to DCT. Hope everyone is OK regarding your small incident. Car number plates at 60mph can be difficult for any camera to read, but some are definitely better than the venerable Mobius.

For a start, you could keep your Mobius and just upgrade the lens. See this thread https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/original-mobius-night-recording-with-4mm-f1-2-lens.31145/
If you like the Mobius size & shape, you could try the new 4K GitUp F1: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/gitup-f1-any-good-for-dash-cam-use.30556/
If you're interested in a more traditional dashcam rather than an action camera, can you be more specific about what you are looking for?

can you be more specific about what you are looking for?
im looking for anything that works as mentioned above, 60mph within 15ft. the form factor has to be small so that it doesnt attract car thieves breaking into my car when parked. im lookin at the Anker Roav c1. im not a fan of the screen cause you cant see any details anyway. but i do like the size...as small as possible....thanks!

on the way home today, i almost got into another accident. and here it is with bus driver running into my lane.
cant read license plate

Back