Mobius cameras fail to save video before switching off

• Thread starter Deleted member 37895
  • Start date
What is that? Is that the config file msetup can generate? Because I tried and it wouldn't create any file
You can download the camera's configuration file to the microSD card in the camera (HOLD DOWN MODE BUTTON, THEN ALSO HOLD DOWN POWER BUTTON UNTIL THE RED LED BLINKS 3 TIMES).

That should save a file named syscfg.txt to the card which contains all the camera settings.

I can't get that syscfg.txt file to save. I did have a timelapse video fail to save today so it seems that it's not just video

I can't get that syscfg.txt file to save. I did have a timelapse video fail to save today so it seems that it's not just video
Perhaps I wasn't very clear. You need to start with the camera turned OFF. Hold the mode button, then hold the power button until the red LED blinks 3 times. The syscfg.txt file should be in the root folder of the SD card. Does that work on any of your cameras that are having problems saving the last file?

Be mindful to only do this once. If you do it again, the procedure will load that configuration back into the camera and delete the syscfg file from the card.

Perhaps I wasn't very clear. You need to start with the camera turned OFF. Hold the mode button, then hold the power button until the red LED blinks 3 times. The syscfg.txt file should be in the root folder of the SD card. Does that work on any of your cameras that are having problems saving the last file?

Be mindful to only do this once. If you do it again, the procedure will load that configuration back into the camera and delete the syscfg file from the card.

Yes I was trying to do it with the camera on. Here's my current config for my back camera. It's now set to 10fps video but other than that the settings are the same as when I did 5fps

Attachments

• SYSCFG.TXT
    5.8 KB · Views: 4
I'm facing exactly the same issue.
Camera works OK with battery. It is about three years old and I noticed that recently it "forgots" the time and date if I let the battery completely discharge. I guess it is a normal behavior for a 3 year old battery but I wanted to mention it in case it matters.
I decided to use it a dashcam, so I put a supercapacitor on it (sold by eletoponline back in the days they did sell them) and give it a try. It works (records video) but the last video is always lost. Time and date seems to be kept, at least on my tests is saving the right date/time.
I tried reinstalling firmware, without success. What else can I do? SYSCFG attached. Power off is set to immediatly. I've been using power banks (anker, 10.000mAh) for testing, but I guess it doesn't make any difference. The cable is the one who comes with the Mobius.

Attachments

• SYSCFG.TXT
    5.8 KB · Views: 1
It sounds as if the cap stores enough energy to save the clock´s time, but not the power the mainboard long enough until the file is written. The clock´s time needs much less voltage to be saved.

I also read here that other users had also problems with the caps sold back in the days.

I recently bought two caps from ebay ( https://www.ebay.de/itm/10F-2-7V-2-Stück-Low-Voltage-Supercap-Small-Size-Double-Layer-Kondensator/332862026104?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649) no advertisement)

and attached them to the case. I used the connector cable of the old battery. It does´nt look nice, but works perfectly. The wiring of the caps is not covered yet, to check the caps voltage.

I noticed that the caps needed some seconds (~30 seconds, I haven´t measured it) until they stored enoug energy to save the last file.
But that is only relevant if the cam hasn´t been used for some days. After they have a certain voltage level, you can switch on / switch of the cam within seconds without any problems.

I haven´t tested yet how long the time is saved. The cam is operational by now and that´s enough for my.
mobius.jpg

It sounds as if the cap stores enough energy to save the clock´s time, but not the power the mainboard long enough until the file is written. The clock´s time needs much less voltage to be saved.

I also read here that other users had also problems with the caps sold back in the days.

I recently bought two caps from ebay ( https://www.ebay.de/itm/10F-2-7V-2-Stück-Low-Voltage-Supercap-Small-Size-Double-Layer-Kondensator/332862026104?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649) no advertisement)

and attached them to the case. I used the connector cable of the old battery. It does´nt look nice, but works perfectly. The wiring of the caps is not covered yet, to check the caps voltage.

I noticed that the caps needed some seconds (~30 seconds, I haven´t measured it) until they stored enoug energy to save the last file.
But that is only relevant if the cam hasn´t been used for some days. After they have a certain voltage level, you can switch on / switch of the cam within seconds without any problems.

I haven´t tested yet how long the time is saved. The cam is operational by now and that´s enough for my.
View attachment 46183
Thanks for you reply and suggestions. I'll give it a chance using the car's power instead of a power bank to see if it holds the RTC and if not I'll go back to the battery.

Thanks for you reply and suggestions. I'll give it a chance using the car's power instead of a power bank to see if it holds the RTC and if not I'll go back to the battery.
You´re welcome.
Does the cam hold the RTC with a power bank?

Does the cam hold the RTC with a power bank?
Only for a short while, can't really tell how long.

I'm back to battery.
I'm not really a car person, I drive about twice a month and I would really appreciate to have the right date/time and the last minutes of each video file, and that won't happen if I keep using a super capacitor.

Only for a short while, can't really tell how long.

I'm back to battery.
I'm not really a car person, I drive about twice a month and I would really appreciate to have the right date/time and the last minutes of each video file, and that won't happen if I keep using a super capacitor.

Yes, I also think that for your driving-behaviour, a battery is the best option.

Keeping the date and saving the last file are two different things.
After a minute (probably much less time) of running, the caps should have stored enough energy to shutdown the cam correctly.

Yes, I also think that for your driving-behaviour, a battery is the best option.

After a minute (probably much less time) of running, the caps should have stored enough energy to shutdown the cam correctly.
Then something's wrong with my SC. Been using it for hours and last minutes (last file) is always lost.

Yes, there must be a fault. Maybe the connection to the caps is faulty. Do you have a multimeter? You could measure the voltage of the caps to check if they are being charged by the cam.

Somewhere here cap-users wrote about possibly broken caps which were sold by a reseller.

Back