Mobius doesn't work

Eastendr

Reaction score
Country
United States
I set my Mobius up to record as a dashcam pretty successfully (or so I thought).

I'd quality tested the recordings a few times, driving around ht block and then going back a few days later no problem.
I then took a road trip from AZ to CA and noticed that although the camera was working when I left, it had stopped functioning altogether.

When I got home I had about four hours worth of footage (100 3 mins segments) of 1080p video.
Altogether around 32gb of space, coincidentally the same size as the SD card I am using.
I figured that I had just not set it up for loop recording properly, but when I checked the setting sure enough I did have loop on there, it either just wasn't functioning or this is some other issue.

I'm using:
- Firmware v2.33
- Mobius Mgr v2 for Mac
- Transcend 32gb class 10

Any ideas on what the issue is here and how I can solve it?

Thanks in advance.

I set my Mobius up to record as a dashcam pretty successfully (or so I thought).

I'd quality tested the recordings a few times, driving around ht block and then going back a few days later no problem.
I then took a road trip from AZ to CA and noticed that although the camera was working when I left, it had stopped functioning altogether.

When I got home I had about four hours worth of footage (100 3 mins segments) of 1080p video.
Altogether around 32gb of space, coincidentally the same size as the SD card I am using.
I figured that I had just not set it up for loop recording properly, but when I checked the setting sure enough I did have loop on there, it either just wasn't functioning or this is some other issue.

I'm using:
- Firmware v2.33
- Mobius Mgr v2 for Mac

Thanks in advance.
Most likely the problem has to do with your card. Class 10 are not recommended. The safest route is to only use Kingston class 4.
You should also in-camera format your card from time to time.

My Mobius does well with that card- yours may not. Some individual cams seem to be picky about cards so go with the suggested ones for best reliability. The card Isoprop mentions is your best bet and is cheaper than the Class 10 ones too :)

Phil

Thanks guys, I'll give that a go.

Fingers crossed.

I'm using:
- Firmware v2.33
- Mobius Mgr v2 for Mac

Thanks in advance.

One thought, are you formatting the card FAT32 which is recommended, because I'm sure someone on here mentioned that if you format it exFAT it will indeed work fine till the card is full, then stop!

As for class 10 cards being a issue, well you had better not tell my Mobius camera because it has been working just fine using 64GB Kingston Class 10 micro SD cards and also is currently fitted with a 128GB SanDisk Ultra class 10 card without any problems whatsoever.

For info, I format all my larger capacity micro SD cards FAT32 using 'Disk Utility' which is pre-installed on all Apple Mac computers.

Hope this helps.

@ richcam- Thanks for the PM reply. I just ordered the Kingston card from Amazon and am going to give it a test-drive in both my dashcams. Would have bought both cards but the budget ran dry.

Thanks for sharing the knowledge!

Phil

Back