Mobius fault playing Videos recorded.

keithchesterfield2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Mobius has started showing a warning box (see picture) and not playing the videos (.MOV)

This has happened when other videos recorded earlier in the day work perfectly well.

When I look at the videos on my PC it may have recorded a dozen 3 minute segments and then suddenly show the warning box and not play the next video.

In the pictures the details of REC_0040 are okay but REC_0041 details are missing.

The cable between USB and Camera has been changed, the fault also happened on another cable, and I have K-Lite Codec Pack.

MOBIUS FAULT 1 (800 x 416).jpgMOBIUS FAULT 7 (800 x 491).jpgMOBIUS FAULT 8 (800 x 632).jpgAny help appreciated.

The first thing to do is determine whether your memory card has a problem.

I have used three different memory cards and all work okay in my Nextbase camera.

The first thing to do is determine whether your memory card has a problem.

I have used three different memory cards and all work okay in my Nextbase camera.

A memory card that works fine in one brand of camera may not work well in another camera.

Also, have you reformatted any of these cards recently? A memory card should always be formatted inside the camera you intend to use it in. It's a good rule of thumb to reformat your memory cards on a periodic basis anyway, especially if you are having a problem.

And since you are having problems it would be a good idea to reformat your memory card using the free utility SD Memory Card Formatter. Be sure to use the "Overwrite format" option and wait for the process to complete. Depending upon the size of your card this could take awhile.

Then, make sure you format the memory card a second time, this time with the card installed in the Mobius using the mSetup GUI formatting tool.

There is a reasonable chance that these procedures will fix your issue. Either way, the problem you describe does indeed sound like a memory card corruption issue rather than a camera issue. Still, if the problem persists it wouldn't hurt to reinstall a fresh copy of the firmware in your camera and redo all your preferred settings from scratch.

Troubleshooting is a process of slowly eliminating the possible sources of the problem. The first place to begin troubleshooting with dash cams is always the memory card.

Last edited:
Thanks for the extensive helpful reply.

I have two cards that I use in the Mobius - a 64gb Kingston and a 64gb Sandisk.

I've used the SD Memory Card Formatter on the Kingston and it has recorded a load of clips in the last day without any faults.

I've done a format on the Sandisk but haven't tried recording on that yet.

Again thanks for the advice.

Charlie here from Surrey BC ,, is anyone monitoring any more .

Monitoring what ?

View attachment 50547
Just waiting for a new subject on the Mobius and or whatever ,, finally came up with the CPL filter for the 6/22mm lens and waiting for a sunny day to try it out ,, just an old man with little to do
but play around.

Just waiting for a new subject on the Mobius and or whatever ,, finally came up with the CPL filter for the 6/22mm lens and waiting for a sunny day to try it out ,, just an old man with little to do
but play around.
GUESS ALL ALONE.

GUESS ALL ALONE.

Nah, people are here, just not much left to say about the Mobius as there are many newer and better dashcams now. It's become something of a special-purpose cam, for certain things it still cannot be beat. I'm soon ordering a telephoto lens for mine- it's been collecting dust as my workvan is filled with other cams which do what my Mobius once did.

In another thread someone mentioned Banggood doesn't have the supercaps for Mobius anymore- I can confirm that and also noted that their lens selection is smaller now too. Cases and PCB's still availlable ;)

Phil

You could start a new thread if you want to discuss a new subject.

I don't think there's much activity in the Mobius forum anymore.
Yes I can see that but there were some nice articles on it ,, I don't us them for accident fault but rather just whatever I want to shoot ,, did a readup on the many
dashcams avalable and cost BUT I like the Mobius C2 and the 6-22mm lens cause it's as sharp as I like knowing sharper ones are out there but I have them allready
and wont change.

GUESS ALL ALONE.

but play around.

Why not post to the Mobius 5MP Varifocal Zoom 6-22mm ƒ/1.6 thread and talk about the CPL you found for that lens and how you mounted it? It might make for a good addition to the discussion about what others have experienced using a CPL on the 6-22mm varifocal.

I found a
Hoya HD CPL on Amazon for an amazing price and fit it to my 6-22mm varifocal and the results have been excellent.

Back