Mobius footage - close calls and accidents. Post your videos.

murcod

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Mobius, A119v2, A119v3
I was wondering if anybody has actually had any close calls or accidents and caught the incident on their Mobius? Was the video footage actually useful for identifying the other vehicle or supporting insurance claims?

Feel free to post links to actual video.

I did pass by an accident today, this is a capture from a frame of the footage:

I was a bit too late to see it happen.

The wife had a close call this morning that the Mobius caught - she called me this morning about it, shaken up a bit. I've only just downloaded the footage. Some idiot skidded across the road in front of her from a country side road - in a 90km/h zone! I'm uploading it to youtube at the moment. I could read some of the side road signs (enough to pin point the location with Google maps), plus I got the offenders rego and the rego details of a possible witness who was traveling in the opposite direction.

So a big thumbs up to the Mobius' performance. It last week survived five day running of 40-44 degrees C left in the car and my FAT32 formatted 64Gb card came through as well! :cool:

Here is a close call with a motorcycle. The camera seems to make it not seem so close yet it was too close for comfort and his long life.
The Mobius did great, even facing the sun, at capturing his plate, if he had swiped the side of the car and managed to keep going. Thank God everyone went home unharmed.

Attachments

• Captura-de-pantalla-2014-01.jpg
    Captura-de-pantalla-2014-01.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 65
That looks very close to me! It was a difficult plate to catch too.

Well it happened today, my first accident with the camera. I was in my lane at a merge and I saw him at my left rear passenger door. I was expecting him to slow down or stop, no, instead he drives into me. I pulled over and as normal here, he didn't stop. So I chased him to get the plate like last time, except this time I have video proof. Here if someone doesn't stay for an accident the insurance won't pay you anything. The previous accident I got the plate yet the insurance said it was wrong, now there is no doubt.

I checked the car and luckily it was a rub and not a dent, so now to decide if it's worth it since clearly the insurance companies here love cheaters and are looking for a way not to pay.

Please bare in mind that mine is mounted on my head... it's at night... i'm a cyclist and a lot softer then a car.

Not really sure what was up with the driver but he came within an inch of my back wheel, obviously I saw more then what the camera picked up on.

But as your looking for footage for evaluation I hope it helps.

This seemed a lot closer than it shows on camera.
It made me stab my brakes and my wife swear.

Just as well there wasn't some other clown speeding in the left lane.....

PS: I like your solution to the Mobius not having an in built GPS speed read out.

I like to keep the satnav in view for the speed and idea of where I am.
You can see that my speed dropped from 68mph to 63mph.

I agree with your wife, what is the point?

Now thats when we Danes call a sunday driver BeK , the general description is a driver who is drive slowly and is insecure and slow Down the other traffic.

Now thats when we Danes call a sunday driver BeK , the general description is a driver who is drive slowly and is insecure and slow Down the other traffic.
Same in UK.

Sunday drivers in the US are also those who don't know how to drive

Back