Mobius has AUTO EXPOSURE function??!?

dirkzelf

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I noticed something I didn't see in my earlier Mobï that unfortunately died, so now I have a new one with C2 lens running f/w V2.41.

Check these 2 clips, and let us know what you think....

is it a new feature?
is it a faulty camera?
is it the C2 lens module doing this?
is it firmware version related?
can / should I turn it off?

looks as expected

of course, don't I feel like a dumbass now.... sorry for my "french"

On closer inspection, I noticed we can lock set the exposure and white balance.

But, if I do that, will I need to click the button for 3 seconds EVERY TIME the camera turns on? That sounds a bit tricky if used as a dashcam....

Perhaps you should try that before wondering how convenient it is, I'm not so sure you'd get a good result if you lock these settings, conditions change quite often during the course of any driving

Perhaps you should try that before wondering how convenient it is, I'm not so sure you'd get a good result if you lock these settings, conditions change quite often during the course of any driving

Yeah, I guess you may be right about that. Nevertheless, I think it's quite a big drop in exposure don't you think ?

I had exp set to -24 to test out if it had some influence on the artefacting issue (the ground/roadsurface seems alive sometimes in night recording, very annoying), but it clearly didn't. Will try out -16 tonight.

Would you say an earlier f/w could be a better match for this lens?

Or just switching off WDR?

I had exp set to -24 to test out if it had some influence on the artefacting issue (the ground/roadsurface seems alive sometimes in night recording, very annoying), but it clearly didn't. Will try out -16 tonight.

Would you say an earlier f/w could be a better match for this lens?

Or just switching off WDR?
Don't waste your time. Nothing you can do in the settings will solve that problem. I tried it all.
I didn't try older firmwares because I'm almost 100% sure it has nothing to do with them. I've seen pictures taken with older firmwares and the problem was already there. Besides, why would you want to downgrade to a possibly worst firmware?

Don't waste your time. Nothing you can do in the settings will solve that problem. I tried it all.
I didn't try older firmwares because I'm almost 100% sure it has nothing to do with them. I've seen pictures taken with older firmwares and the problem was already there. Besides, why would you want to downgrade to a possibly worst firmware?

My best guess is that it has something to do with the lens module, I had earlier Mobï, one from 2013 and one from 2014, one A and one B lens, and both had the same issue with this C2 lens, but like I said, soon I will have my other 2 Mobï back with new pcp board, one with A-lens, and the other with my B-lens, so I can compare.

Regardless of what's causing it, it's a defect and should be recognized as one and corrected. Let's see how the A and B lenses perform but, from what I've seen, I wouldn't get my hopes too high.

Regardless of what's causing it, it's a defect and should be recognized as one and corrected. Let's see how the A and B lenses perform but, from what I've seen, I wouldn't get my hopes too high.

Oh I agree fully that this is not just some sort of acceptable, minor flaw, in the end other camera's don't have this flaw, and I it must be fixed, but I have'nt given up on my favourite just yet.....

Back