Mobius Helmet Cam

Very nice! My question is, how are you able to have the wind noise not be much of an issue per recording?

Also, here I have my own setup on my bicycle helmet
PHOTO_20190424_132530.jpg

I think thats due to him having the recorder ( box ) and so the microphone inside of the helmet where there are less wind rushing buy.
In your case you would probably have to put some form of furry diffuse like used on regular microphones over part of the mobius camera

I cant remember if the microphone on the mobius are on the front or rear part of the housing.

I think thats due to him having the recorder ( box ) and so the microphone inside of the helmet where there are less wind rushing buy.
In your case you would probably have to put some form of furry diffuse like used on regular microphones over part of the mobius camera

I cant remember if the microphone on the mobius are on the front or rear part of the housing.
If i remember correctly, the microphone sits in the front, next to the lens.
I'll see if I can find a decent deal on them.

Cover the mic hole with a bit of foam padding or a cotton ball to reduce wind noise. Some volume may be lost and there may be some muffling, but usually not much. What you're getting is similar to blowing directly onto the mic element, which can be siulated by blowing through a straw onto the top of water- the ripples you'll see are the wind noise you'll hear. Disperse the concentration of airflow and you lessen the ripples, yet the overall pressure (sound waves) is still there.

Phil

Back