Mobius is not recognized

iam123

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hi my friends,

I am new to DashCam

Today my mobius is not recognized any more.

I tried different PCs, cables, and even my galaxy S4 not recognize it.

Previously it works flawless without any problem at all.

The camera can take video and photos without any problem.

Any idea???

Hi my friends,

I am new to DashCam

Today my mobius is not recognized any more.

I tried different PCs, cables, and even my galaxy S4 not recognize it.

Previously it works flawless without any problem at all.

The camera can take video and photos without any problem.

Any idea???
You say you've tried different cables. A bad cable is the no. 1 problem for all USB issues. Use the shortest and fattest cable you can find. A fat 6 inch cable directly connected to a PC should almost always work.
Have you tried webcam mode? Has your USB socket been subject to strain causing a cracked solder joint?

I have two mobius cam and the good one work flawless with all cables.
Have you tried webcam mode? No

I have two mobius cam and the good one work flawless with all cables.
Have you tried webcam mode? No
In that case the High Speed USB switch has almost certainly been damaged. The switch will be destroyed by reverse polarity or by connecting the video-out pin to +5V. You cannot replace the chip yourself unless you have the proper soldering equipment (hot air) and skills. All 10 contacts are on the bottom side of the chip. If the chip was destroyed by connecting the video-out pin to +5V the tracks will also be partly melted making replacement all but impossible. Here's an example: http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/attachments/5/0/0/5/9/3/a6394630-248-Damage_Zoom.jpg. No visible damage will be apparent if the voltage was reversed.

see this photo :

znEiNEl.jpg

see this photo :
Different HW layout. On your picture the chip in question is to the right of the SPI. It's marked 7222. Track looks good but it's difficult to be certain without removing the IC.

Any solution???
I'm afraid not. Of course anything is possible, but I very much doubt if the chip could fail on it's own. As a final test you could check if video-out works. The video-out signal is 'switched' by the same IC so I expect it won't work.
If video-out unexpectedly works, then there could be another problem.

video-out not work as you expect.
Can I replace the 7222 ic ???

video-out not work as you expect.
Can I replace the 7222 ic ???
You need experience and the right equipment. If you're not into SMD soldering or you don't have a hot air soldering station there's no way you can replace that chip. Maybe a friendly smartphone repair center would do it for you but you'll most likely end up paying more than a replacement board would cost. A replacement board is available on banggood.com, for example. Another possibility would be to contact one of the Chinese eBay sellers and ask them if a repair is possible and what it would cost.

What about warranty replacement? Is it over one year?

I do my own repair mostly because it takes 6 weeks shipping..and It is a long wait.

My new Mobius with fw 1.2 has not be recognized to mSetup on my DELL Win8.1(64)Prof PC withUSB2 connection, no better driver found ? On my DELL Laptop with Win7, recognition is good to mSetup
How can I get a working driver for my Win8.1 PC. I have used USBOblivion64 program to cleanup USB drivers without result.

My new Mobius with fw 1.2 has not be recognized to mSetup on my DELL Win8.1(64)Prof PC withUSB2 connection, no better driver found ? On my DELL Laptop with Win7, recognition is good to mSetup
How can I get a working driver for my Win8.1 PC. I have used USBOblivion64 program to cleanup USB drivers without result.

I'm using 8.1 (32-bit) on my 6 year old laptop with 2 Mobius cameras. No problems, so I don't know if Windows 8 is of any relevance to your issue.

I assume you do have a memory card inserted in the Mobius. Try a different card. Try a different USB cable. Try a different USB port ... one round the back of the PC that you never use. Try attaching Mobius to PC while PC & Mobius are switched off, then switch PC on. Try another PC belonging to a friend or relative or colleague. Good luck.

p.s. The Mobius Manual indicates that DriveCleanup.exe (freeware) may also be able to fix USB corruption problems.

Last edited:
What about warranty replacement? Is it over one year?

I do my own repair mostly because it takes 6 weeks shipping..and It is a long wait.
It is still under warranty.
I will contact the seller for the problem and see what will happen.
I have a good hand soldering and I may give it a try.

I'm using 8.1 (32-bit) on my 6 year old laptop with 2 Mobius cameras. No problems, so I don't know if Windows 8 is of any relevance to your issue.

I assume you do have a memory card inserted in the Mobius. Try a different card. Try a different USB cable. Try a different USB port ... one round the back of the PC that you never use. Try attaching Mobius to PC while PC & Mobius are switched off, then switch PC on. Try another PC belonging to a friend or relative or colleague. Good luck.

p.s. The Mobius Manual indicates that DriveCleanup.exe (freeware) may also be able to fix USB corruption problems.

Thank you for your quick response. I could do all the suggestions you suggested. different card, different cable, different USB port and switch on with USB connection. No recognition result from Windows8.1
I have downloaded DriveCleanup.exe and did a scan cleanup. No USB drive could be cleanedup ?
Just to mention again, Mobius recognition is working with my Laptop Win7
Any other suggestion ?

Thank you for your quick response. I could do all the suggestions you suggested. different card, different cable, different USB port and switch on with USB connection. No recognition result from Windows8.1
I have downloaded DriveCleanup.exe and did a scan cleanup. No USB drive could be cleanedup ?
Just to mention again, Mobius recognition is working with my Laptop Win7
Any other suggestion ?
Most likely there is a Dell USB (enhanced!!) driver installed which is messing things up. You should only use original Microsoft USB drivers. I would think the best place to get help is from Dell. As a last resort (for testing) you could try an original Windows 8.1 installation file/stick/dvd and do a fresh install without any Dell drivers. Make a drive image first and double-check you have your data backed up so you can restore your original system when done.

For a Dell you can search the asset tag number on their website and you'll get a list of all drivers specific to your computer

For windows weirdness removing it from device manager and then rebooting can often sort things out

I'm afraid not. Of course anything is possible, but I very much doubt if the chip could fail on it's own. As a final test you could check if video-out works. The video-out signal is 'switched' by the same IC so I expect it won't work.
If video-out unexpectedly works, then there could be another problem.

Im looking for a solution if its possible to permanently enable live video out thru the usb port and let the pc-data connection disabled completely (I use my mobius for FPV and access my recorded videos thru a card reader). Maybe bypassing the 7222 IC or shorting some pins? I found this data sheet http://www.onsemi.com/pub_link/Collateral/NLAS7222A-D.PDF but not so sure what to do.
I hope you guys could share some inputs.. Thanks!

Im looking for a solution if its possible to permanently enable live video out thru the usb port and let the pc-data connection disabled completely (I use my mobius for FPV and access my recorded videos thru a card reader). Maybe bypassing the 7222 IC or shorting some pins? I found this data sheet http://www.onsemi.com/pub_link/Collateral/NLAS7222A-D.PDF but not so sure what to do.
I hope you guys could share some inputs.. Thanks!
The IC in question doesn't have any pins. All the contacts are on the underside of the IC. You will need SMD soldering experience and equipment if want to bypass the IC. It's a fairly easy job if you have the experience and tools but all but impossible if you don't. Have you looked at the IC on the board to see how small it is?
All the same, I don't understand why anyone would want to bypass the USB switch, unless it's defective. If you want to permanently enable video-out thru the USB port then all you need to do is short USB terminals 4 and 5. You can do this easily at the USB socket even if you only have basic soldering skills and a steady hand.

Back