Mobius - Last recording

mezcar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I'm a newcomer to the world of dashcams and am looking at the Mobius with an 8-inch camera extension t o be mounted discretely. I have just looked at a review on the joovuu website which is causing me concern.

It is the second review: https://joovuu.com/gb/action-cameras/83-mobius-standard-lens-car-camera-pack.html

"So now the little gripe, the last recording in progress is lost while auto recording if the external power is lost(Switching off vehicle) and after playing with all the different options cannot fix that. I am considering building a delay switch into my aux power socket that cuts power to the socket after just over 5 minutes to allow me to complete a 5 minute clip before it is lost.To overcome this at this stage I need to remember to manually stop the recording before I switch off the engine, if involved in an accident I will most likely not think about that plus I would like to have some footage after exiting the vehicle"

is this true? Doesn't the internal battery kick in? Surely, most people will (maybe without thinking) switch off the ignition in the event of an accident.

Please advise me in order to put my mind at ease, or to explore other options. Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-02-04 at 10.21.27.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-04 at 10.21.27.png
    249.8 KB · Views: 9
It look like he had dead Mobius battery. Change battery to capacitors ( supercap ), - thats most reliable and practical solution of any dashcam ( having supercap instead of battery )

thanks for the quick response. how long does the supercap provide power for? the camera will be a install and forget (hopefully) set-up as it is for my wife's car

also, is 64gb the maximum memory card size (as stated in instructions) or 32gb as per review? What record times can i expect?

thanks again

thanks for the quick response. how long does the supercap provide power for? the camera will be a install and forget (hopefully) set-up as it is for my wife's car

also, is 64gb the maximum memory card size (as stated in instructions) or 32gb as per review? What record times can i expect?

thanks again

With supercap Mobius stops recording after power switched off but saves last file. In ordet to record longer after ACC switched off, here is a trick: harwire it to incar reading light loom. Depending on car, that power loom has power switch off delay from 2-3 min and up.
I never had chance to test 64gb microsd but I believe it works.
Total length of video that can fit onto 32 or 64gb memry card depends on which parameters you will be recording at: 720p / 60fps, 1080p / 30fps at Low / Normal / High bit-rate ?

Hi guys,

I'm a newcomer to the world of dashcams and am looking at the Mobius with an 8-inch camera extension t o be mounted discretely. I have just looked at a review on the joovuu website which is causing me concern.

It is the second review: https://joovuu.com/gb/action-cameras/83-mobius-standard-lens-car-camera-pack.html

"So now the little gripe, the last recording in progress is lost while auto recording if the external power is lost(Switching off vehicle) and after playing with all the different options cannot fix that. I am considering building a delay switch into my aux power socket that cuts power to the socket after just over 5 minutes to allow me to complete a 5 minute clip before it is lost.To overcome this at this stage I need to remember to manually stop the recording before I switch off the engine, if involved in an accident I will most likely not think about that plus I would like to have some footage after exiting the vehicle"

is this true? Doesn't the internal battery kick in? Surely, most people will (maybe without thinking) switch off the ignition in the event of an accident.

Please advise me in order to put my mind at ease, or to explore other options. Thanks

Dear Mezcar,
I believe this customer in question ran down the battery so much it caused it to play up. I believe he has fixed this problem through purchasing a super capacitor and everything as far as I am aware now - works. If you use it intensely as a car camera (and by that I mean leaving it in the sun/heat for long durations) then the battery life will be much shorter, however as Niko has stated, a super capacitor helps reduce these problems greatly.

If you have any more questions just ask.

Kind regards,

JooVuu

Great stuff. Thank you, all. JooVoo, do you not stock the super cap? can't seem to find it on your website :(

Great stuff. Thank you, all. JooVoo, do you not stock the super cap? can't seem to find it on your website :(
They have them listed under "Accessories", but there are only two left...
Otherwise you can email one of the Chinese sellers. They also stock them.

Back