Mobius m12 mount too tight

meanie2

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Am I missing something? The m12 mount seems too tight to change lens. I can only screw it in a bit...

I've used the allen key to remove the locking screw already.

Last edited:
You need a bit of force (after making sure that you are not cross-threaded). The set screw appears to not go through the mount but rather "pinches" the lens in place. I think that causes the inside threaded part to deform a little bit, resulting the resistance you are feeling so you need to get the lens past that point and it should be easier to screw in the rest of the way.

You need a bit of force (after making sure that you are not cross-threaded). The set screw appears to not go through the mount but rather "pinches" the lens in place. I think that causes the inside threaded part to deform a little bit, resulting the resistance you are feeling so you need to get the lens past that point and it should be easier to screw in the rest of the way.
I tried screwing back the original lens but it was very tight as well. Anyway, seller agreed to send replacement holders.

When you say screw it in a bit, what does that mean. How many turns (or less) of the lens before it stops, this will give a more realistic idea of how much the lens is being screwed in.
It should be snug, but you should not have to force it. The whole mount assembly is not rugged enough to be forcing the lens to screw in.

Last edited:
When you say screw it in a bit, what does that mean. How many turns (or less) of the lens before it stops, this will give a more realistic idea of how much the lens is being screwed in.
It should be snug, but you should not have to force it. The whole mount assembly is not rugged enough to be forcing the lens to screw in.
Even the lens A2 metal cap came off when I tried to remove the original lens.

Ok, so it was too tight. So I cracked one side of a new mobius lens holder to fit the lens.
Not using the allen key screw and just tape it up. It is still loose but better than nothing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Mobius 19
N Mobius 10
Lola Mobius 25
Tony lovelock Mobius 3
S Mobius 4
Back