Dashcam Features
- Auto start record with external power
- Loop recording
- Lock accident files with g-sensor
- Fast lens & capacitor options in development

02/11/2021 Added Website Link

Mobius Maxi 4K Website:

Last edited:
Looks to be a Sunplus / iCatch v37 or v50 SoC with Sony IMX317 8.51Mp 1/2.5" sensor.

Does this mobius use excessive file size when capturing 4k video like the last one did at 2.7k?

Does this mobius use excessive file size when capturing 4k video like the last one did at 2.7k?
It records MP4 files in h264 at all resolutions. The original Maxi used MJPEG at 2.7k.

These are the 4K video bitrate options:

High - 60Mbps
Medium - 50Mbps
Low - 40Mbps

There might be a later option to add a very low bitrate <10Mbps for parking or surveillance video recording.

Last edited:
Hooray ...should be worth getting ?

Maxi 4K Video Samples

All recorded at 4K 30fps, High quality (60Mbps), EV+0, Centre-weighted metering, WDR off

videos deleted

Last edited:
Thanks , very interesting ....a super capacitor will be necessary as a dashcam ,here in Sydney's summer. But i will get one , soon .

A capacitor and also other F value lens better suited for dashcam i think are planned, but no idea of a release time

how does that compare to the viofo GITUP F1?

Last edited:
how does that compare to the viofo F1?
Similar spec to the GitUp F1 in terms of 4K resolution, F2.8 lens, FOV.

Maxi 4K is smaller and lighter. Both use an internal battery. The Maxi has the longer battery life.

Maxi has better image quality - more natural appearance and less sharpening artefacts. Plus more setup parameters.

GitUp F1 has a more established companion WiFi app, and an LCD screen for making setup changes without an app or computer software.

I asked Mobius about the capacitor option. This was their response :
We test the super capacitor for original Mobius Maxi on 4K camera, it's working fine. But one concern is we may lose date/time if the camera is not used (ie capacitor not charged) for a few days.

Similar spec to the GitUp F1 in terms of 4K resolution, F2.8 lens, FOV.

Maxi 4K is smaller and lighter. Both use an internal battery. The Maxi has the longer battery life.

Maxi has better image quality - more natural appearance and less sharpening artefacts. Plus more setup parameters.

GitUp F1 has a more established companion WiFi app, and an LCD screen for making setup changes without an app or computer software.
It seems you have done the comparison between both models?

It seems you have done the comparison between both models?
As you know I tested the F1 for you in 2017. I have been testing the Maxi 4K for a few months this year.

Sometimes I compared them because I have both here, and the overall specification is similar. Each camera is better than the other in some areas. There is no clear winner.

When I have time, I intend to write / record a comparison between Mobius 1, Mobius Maxi 4K and GitUp F1 4K.

I asked Mobius about the capacitor option. This was their response :

We test the super capacitor for original Mobius Maxi on 4K camera, it's working fine. But one concern is we may lose date/time if the camera is not used (ie capacitor not charged) for a few days.

I'm pleased to hear that the existing super-cap will function, but of course it is disappointing that it won't power the camera for very long. This makes me wonder if there is room inside the housing for a larger, higher capacity super-cap module. Hopefully there will be a solution.

Last edited:
Back