monotor

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hi all,
I want to put a dash on the bike, on the handlebar, for safety and for filming landscapes, but I don't know which one to choose.
which one do you recommend?
with the Runcam 2 4k I can use 2 batteries and switch if the journey is long, or I remove it completely(to not destroy the battery) and attach a powerbank, with the Mobius maxi 4k instead there is the handy super capacitor to use with a powerbank, while if I have to use the battery I cannot change it on the fly.
In general which of the two do you recommend which I will not regret?

Thanks

At the end i bought the Mobius maxi 4k.

Attachments

• 20220308_130740.jpg
    20220308_130740.jpg
    747.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220308_13061a6.jpg
    20220308_13061a6.jpg
    726.9 KB · Views: 9
  • asdfg.jpg
    asdfg.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220308_163636.JPG
    20220308_163636.JPG
    472 KB · Views: 8
Did you get the battery or capacitor version?

The MM4K battery can be charged from a powerbank while the camera is recording.

It has EIS, but I don't think it is good enough to stabilise the bumps and vibration on the bike handlebar like a GoPro.

A street bike is probably fine, but a MTB out on the trails you would want superior EIS and probably the camera mounted to something that is sort of a shock absorber too ( your body )

took the battery version as the capacitor version currently has the capacitor soldered on the pins.
The capacitor of the mobius maxi 2k is on sale but the official manufacturer(eletoponline365) told me it is not compatible.
In conclusion I will use the battery for the first 2 hours, then if I exceed them I will attack the power bank.
In all cases, if necessary, I open it and remove the battery using only the powerbank, being careful to turn it off before removing the cable. The capacitor if you think about it is not essential if you don't use it in a car.
I did some tests, the stabilizer greatly improves the vibration but on the other hand reduces the area of the video, later I try to put a video test on the disconnected one.

This is my comparison, without and with eis:

Back