Mobius Maxi B and capacitor availability issues?

CamFreak

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mobius
What’s going on with the Mobius Maxi B and it’s related capacitor?

Novotm LLC and its BuyMobius.com site shows most products status as NIS. That includes no Maxi availability and the same for its capacitor. Usually, Novotm will have their products available on Amazon, but not much there now. Spy Tec is offering the Maxi B cam directly and also thru Amazon Prime, but no available capacitor.

Anyone know what’s behind the seemingly lack of Maxi and capacitor availability? Other reliable USA sources?

Maybe there was a sudden surge in interest and they ran out of stock?!

Have you tried contacting the sellers to ask about availability?

Last edited:
I order Maxi B Lens on Feb. 17 and I am still waiting but before I try the US Seller and I even sent them a message with no reply from them.

Who's your seller? If it's one of the recommenced ones you should be OK but with non-official sellers sometimes bad things happen. Don't let any deadlines for a claim with Paypal/ Credit card/Amazon/Ebay pass, get those claims in a couple days short of the deadline in case you have to re-file.

Phil

My seller was eletoponline365 and my order before Maxi was the TV Video Audio Cable and it about 45 days before I receive them and they even refunded my money because it to long. When I order Mobius items I try to use eletoponline365 because I trust them.

That's their official Ebay seller so you should be OK. They're usually better with emails though, maybe try that again.

Phil

I also haven't found a seller in USA that offers the Maxi Capacitor.

Mobius told me they're looking into capacitor availability through Spytec.

They don't list them individually at eletoponline365, but you can contact them directly to place an order. Apparently they have experienced some issues shipping capacitors and batteries out of China.

They don't list them individually at eletoponline365, but you can contact them directly to place an order. Apparently they have experienced some issues shipping capacitors and batteries out of China.
Yes from eletoponline365, I order a extra LiPo for my Mobius 2 and they put in a USB wall charger case and how I receive it.

Yes from eletoponline365, I order a extra LiPo for my Mobius 2 and they put in a USB wall charger case and how I receive it.

My battery order came the same way. Inside a USB wall charger too.:sick:

I have a Mobius Actioncam 2.7V-5F Super Capacitor for Mobius 2 I might sale I try it once haven't use it after that.

Hello Tony-

FYI.. this is what Spytec advised me via email when I requested a Super Capacitor for the Maxi Camera that I purchased from them:
When I originally purchased it- I bought the Capacitor that was on their website but is was not for the Maxi. So I have a Capacitor for the old Mobius which I can not use.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting SpyTec Customer Service!

We sincerely apologize for the oversight regarding the initial inquiry.

We have checked on this issue for you and unfortunately, we currently do not sell the compatible capacitor for the Mobius Maxi HD Compact Action Camera Dashcam, however, the item is sold externally outside of Amazon.

Due to certain communication restrictions via this platform, we are unable to provide you with a web link as to where you may be able to purchase the product. In this case, we recommend that you search online for "Super Capacitor for Mobius Maxi", whereas you should be able to locate more information regarding the compatible capacitor for the Mobius Maxi and where you would be able to purchase it.

I hope this information was helpful.

If you run into further problems and you require additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us by replying to this email or by calling our hotline: 1-844-769-5784.

Thank you for choosing SpyTec!

Best Regards,

Damion
SpyTec | Customer Service

I have a Mobius Actioncam 2.7V-5F Super Capacitor for Mobius 2 I might sale I try it once haven't use it after that.
The capacitor for the Mobius 1 and 2 is not compatible with the Maxi. The plug is different, as is the physical design.
super_capacitor_mobius12_wm-300x300.jpg
super_capacitor_mobius_maxi_wm-300x300.jpg

Last edited:
I'm told the plug is the same as the Mini, so if one could find suitable caps then you could combine the two. Plugs and sockets are almost always a standard design as there are so many different ones that one will be suitable for whatever purpose you envision without making a new one. They are almost always out-sourced, so all you'd have to do is find the official name for the Maxi plug then you could probably just buy the needed plug without the Mini battery.

Phil

The capacitor for the Mobius 1 and 2 is not compatible with the Maxi. The plug is different, as is the physical design.
super_capacitor_mobius12_wm-300x300.jpg
super_capacitor_mobius_maxi_wm-300x300.jpg
Well if I ever sell my Mobius 2 I will sell it with the Super Capacitor.

I'm told the plug is the same as the Mini, so if one could find suitable caps then you could combine the two. Plugs and sockets are almost always a standard design as there are so many different ones that one will be suitable for whatever purpose you envision without making a new one. They are almost always out-sourced, so all you'd have to do is find the official name for the Maxi plug then you could probably just buy the needed plug without the Mini battery.

Phil
Yes, Maxi and Mini use the same plug. Not sure how easy it is to find compatible capacitors. The 'pack' comes with a tiny PCB inside - must be some kind of controller to manage the 4 cells.

Back